Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventure! Fedora Lounge Folks in Action!

James71

A-List Customer
That is some seriously beautiful country Paddy.

You know, after 200 years of being here we can get around this country and survive, but part of me still feels the call of the kind of country that you photographed and posted.

It could be that we evolved there and in places like that for about 100,000 years before we got sent down here to the bottom of the earth for the last 200.

I hope one day one of my progeny return to where we were meant to live.

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
Beautiful country, Paddy! I'm inspired. I may have to head to the local state park today. Nice blue skies, and puffy clouds, but a little on the humid side. May have to "rough it" anyway.

Is that a WPG bush jacket, you're wearing?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks Gents.

The jacket is an old RL one. I replaced the buttons with old leather ones to match up with the leather buckle on the belt. Some beautiful places being shown in this thread. Getting the time and money balance to see them all!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PADDY said:
The jacket is an old RL one. I replaced the buttons with old leather ones to match up with the leather buckle on the belt. Some beautiful places being shown in this thread. Getting the time and money balance to see them all!

HI RL is Ralph Lauren? WOW. There a shocker. I NEVER thought that somebody like that would produce a decent looking safari jacket.

later

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Seeing some of these pictures posted...

It's really got me thinking about going to the Pyranees (both French and Spanish sides) for some serious walking. Thankyou for that!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Paddy,

I really recommend that you do go, it was one of the most amazing places I've been. Great mixture of natural beauty and charms on French and Spanish culture. Excellent food as well ;) One drawback we noticed is that because of all the tourist pressure there (we were there during skiing season) some of the hotel staff were not very helpful or accomodating. Really some of the most unfriendly hotel people I've ever had in my whole time traveling...

Kiri

One of the Regulars
I don't have any pictures of me camping. However, I wore the same thing only with my hair as it is in my profile picture and pincurled. (I had it bobby pinned in the back to imitate a bob type thing)

0003ob.png

0002ec.png

We didn't camp anywhere special or exotic, it was just a church campout that we held in the yard of one of the men who goes to our church and has a couple acres of field and a couple trees.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Big Man said:
DSC03015.jpg

I couldn't help but share this one (a granddad's prerogative). ;)

This is my grandson, age 7, climbing on the Chimneys on today's outing. The climb is rated about 5.4 and is about 60 feet. My grandson is a "third generation rock climber". I began climbing in the late 60's, and introduced my sons to climbing when they were four or five years old. It's good to see my son working with his son the same way I did so long ago.

OK, end of granddad's bragging ... :D

Ok now...being the family man that I am, as well as having serving in our fine and mistake-prone military (I have the scars and bad knees to show for it)... I am about to have a heart attack when I think of one of my kids climbing that wall..... Maybe it's just my memories of doing the "dope on a rope" in the military???

Waaaay too cool! Especially for a youngster to have the sand to do it!!!

HepKitty

One Too Many
fabu photos Paddy! where were they taken?

here are some old photos of one of my favorite places, Paramount

friends Reed and Kris

Paramount itself

and across from Paramount

HepKitty

One Too Many
photos from today, a mountain trail ride at Diamond P Ranch in West Yellowstone, MT... yes that's a shameless plug for dear Rex's ranch :D

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Are you sticking your tongue out or did you just bite off a chunk of rock to create a new hand hold? :D

HepKitty said:
... here are some old photos of one of my favorite places, Paramount ...

Big Man said:
Are you sticking your tongue out or did you just bite off a chunk of rock to create a new hand hold? :D
I dunno, she's kinda cute in that pic (granted, that's "normal condition" for her anyway)--I know I'd climb a mountain for or with Ms. HepKitty... if necessary, bring on Devil's Tower! (After a reasonable amount of instruction in how to climb, of course...lol)

HepKitty

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Besides...
"Thou shalt believe the worst of every man..."

well that certainly applies to the ex but I'd like to think that the gentlemen around here are above that :)

HepKitty

One Too Many
ok this was yesterday on my way back from N Idaho, I saw the ski resort was open and turned around and went back to see what was going on. saw bikes and thought "well I hope they have rentals" and they did but there I was totally unprepared (didn't think this through at all) and obviously not knowing the trails and got hooked up with a personal guide and an end of the year "what the hell" discount of a free bike rental!

Brundage Mountain, McCall, ID

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran