Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventurebilt hats - anyone ordered from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Just out of curiosity how many of these hats are worn and how many end up in display cases? No judgment just curios.

Jeff

Depends, on Club Obi Wan, most are worn. But a lot of the orders Steve is working on now came from folks who are not on COW or any other Indy forum.

Lando

Practically Family
Just out of curiosity how many of these hats are worn and how many end up in display cases? No judgment just curios.

Jeff

I wear mine all the time. It's one of the few I end up wearing a lot, probably because it's so near the front door when I head out. It's a tough light hat and I love that dark gray. Maybe not quite a traditional Indy hat of any kind lol but I enjoy my Adventurebilt and would buy another if I lost mine. That's all.

5152889357_f73610fbe3_z.jpg

bendingoak

Vendor
Ok, I have stayed out of these threads, but I feel I need to add my $0.2 worth. I am one of the people that has a hat on order from Steve. Am I upset about the wait......No. I knew it would be a long wait when I ordered it, just before the movie came out, but being an Indy fan, I wanted THE HAT. One from the guy that made THE movie hats, not a hat that looks kind of like a Indy hat.
Johnny said it best in that it is what it is, and everyone who has ordered one knows this. It appears that the people that are protesting the most don't even have a hat on order or care to order one.
Please lets keep the discussion civil so the thread does not get locked.

Rant off now

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Ok, I have stayed out of these threads, but I feel I need to add my $0.2 worth. I am one of the people that has a hat on order from Steve. Am I upset about the wait......No. I knew it would be a long wait when I ordered it, just before the movie came out, but being an Indy fan, I wanted THE HAT. One from the guy that made THE movie hats, not a hat that looks kind of like a Indy hat.
Johnny said it best in that it is what it is, and everyone who has ordered one knows this. It appears that the people that are protesting the most don't even have a hat on order or care to order one.
Please lets keep the discussion civil so the thread does not get locked.

Rant off now

What Duck said right there. And like John said, thank you! :eusa_clap
'Nuf said.:)

Cheers!

Dan

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shoot him an email & ask wher you are on the list. Don't use all caps in the subject line. Don't put "Urgent," or anything else like that. IF I were you, I would put for my subject line "I placed an order on 2/9/08" & leave it at that. I have contacted him a hlaf a dozen times over the lats year & the longest it took using that method for him to reply was ~20 hours.

Diamondback1

New in Town
I wear mine all the time. It's one of the few I end up wearing a lot, probably because it's so near the front door when I head out. It's a tough light hat and I love that dark gray. Maybe not quite a traditional Indy hat of any kind lol but I enjoy my Adventurebilt and would buy another if I lost mine. That's all.

5152889357_f73610fbe3_z.jpg
...that hat looks darn good on you, sir !

thewolverine

New in Town
Ordered mine in Feb 2008 and am still waiting. I figure I can be patient and still wait. Heck, when I look back on it, 23 years in the Army went fast. :)

Joefriday

New in Town
I received my hat yesterday from Steve. He apologized profusely for the late delay.

I ordered it on Dec 3rd of 2007. I got it Feb 15 2011. 3 years and two months. It is a fantastic hat and looks amazing. It's tough to justify the wait though.

XPLSV

One of the Regulars
I received my hat yesterday from Steve. He apologized profusely for the late delay.

I ordered it on Dec 3rd of 2007. I got it Feb 15 2011. 3 years and two months. It is a fantastic hat and looks amazing. It's tough to justify the wait though.

What size did you get??? I ordered a 7 3/8 LO back in November 2007 and am still waiting...

Lando

Practically Family
Figured I'd put my other two Adventurebilts up for anyone who was looking for example.
4953570232_1e4512abd0_z.jpg

This is the All Beaver Dark Grey I've already put up.

4952977251_c8446d3260_z.jpg

Rabbit Fedora in brown with mink ribbon

4946542231_a493e02e57_z.jpg

A lighter gray Rabbit Fedora.

The Rabbit fedoras are very nice and tough hats. The Beaver is tough and so light I forget I'm wearing it sometimes. It is a hell of a long wait, but they are very nice hats and I would buy them again in a second. I hope these images help anyone who was looking for example of Adventurebilts.

DRB

One Too Many
Lando, I really like that first one! A wonderful addition to your already amazing collection.

1BAT4U

New in Town
3 YEARS and counting...

So I've been extremely patient waiting for my adventurebilt fedora to arrive, but its gone past ridiculous in my mind. It's been over three years now! THREE YEARS! I couldn't believe it when I counted the months from my order date back in March 11th of 2008. In my first email from Steve when i bought the hat he said "it will be at least 6 months, but you will get the hat this year for sure." So why on earth are the people spending $650 on a hat getting a 6 week turnaround when I paid the full price he was asking 3 YEARS ago (plus 3 months) and when he told me I would get it THAT YEAR?? To me that doesn't make sense. I mean, I fully understand he's got a LOT of orders and he's only one man making hats, but there's no way the people ordering a hat now and spending more should be put at the front of the line. At this point I obviously don't want my money back since I've invested so much time waiting and checking my doorstep every day for it to arrive, I just want it to actually arrive.

I've tried emailing steve many times without any response. Any time I have gotten a response it's to say the hat is 'only a few months away'.... then another YEAR goes by. Is anyone still waiting here? Did I get skipped over?

Sorry to vent, I just think this takes patience to a crazy new level.

Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo