Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventurebilt hats - anyone ordered from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bendingoak

Vendor
REAPER said:
I ordered my AB hat back in May 19th 2008. I purchased it through Pay-Pal days before the price change. Steve did e-mail me stating my hat order was sent through and my hat will be made in Sept. or Oct. for the May orders. I know these hats are by far the best quality bar-nun. And they do take time.

I read many threads that they take up to a year or so to make. Well it's been a year. And just want to say this isn't a complaint :) I'm just curious, if it takes a year from when I purchased it back in May, or will it take a year from when it's actually being made back in Sept/Oct? :)

It doesn't take Steve a year and a half to make a hat. He has a waiting list that is a year and a half long. His demand is very high.

Erik

One of the Regulars
Nov 07 and counting...

I do believe that I'll prefer the pride of ownership over the anxiousness of the wait. ;)

thewolverine

New in Town
Adventurebuilt hats

I put a down payment on 02/2008 and have not received any update though I have emailed several times. I am patiently waiting.....

club30s

New in Town
just to let other people know who are interested in getting hats from AB (Steve Delk). For his new prices the wait time is only 6 weeks Max. He personally assured me that. So if you don't want to wait 1.5 year for the hat... order through the new website prices.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
thewolverine said:
I put a down payment on 02/2008 and have not received any update though I have emailed several times. I am patiently waiting.....

That would really worry me, not getting my emails answered after sending someone my money.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
What in the world does "lead time" maximum of six weeks mean, anyway? I'm obviously not familiar with the jargon.

club30s

New in Town
kabuto said:
Did I miss something? When did John Penman and Adventurebilt hook up? What's the relationship there? What is John's role? Does he make sure that Steve is taking his ADD meds and reading his e-mail?

well this I can't speak into but I am sure John who is a member will respond to this. :)

kabuto said:
What is the difference between the "Year-and-a-Half" hats and the "$650" hats? Beaver plus faster?

Nothing really. That is his new price and for that the wait time is 6 weeks (at least for now)

Dewhurst said:
What in the world does "lead time" maximum of six weeks mean, anyway? I'm obviously not familiar with the jargon.

I believe it means wait or time difference from the time you order to the time your hat is made or finished.

bendingoak

Vendor
Let me clear up a few things here. I am a good friend to Steve Delk of Adventurebilt hats and Marc kitter of Adventurebilt hats delux. I am a US resource for the Adventurebilt Henry hat. I try and pop in when I can to help out my good friend when I can.

As for Steve turn around time. I think it would be best for you to ask Steve. I think you are mistaken about getting a hat from Steve in six weeks. I know he has stated his prices is going up to 650 and I think that is in six weeks but again let me state ounce more. Get your info from Steve directly. I think with this new increase that is way over due will hopefully cut his times down.

Steve is very hard to get a hold of because of the hugh amount of e-mail he is hit with every single day. Most asking for a updates. This still boggles my mind because his long turn around time has been known for some time. If you know that his list is a year and a half. Why would you e-mail the guy every month asking for a update. I myself have a 4 month waiting list and it is growing. I get the same e-mails. 1 month in someone e-mailing me " any update with my hat?" or " any progress with my hat?"

The suggestions I have made in the past is if you come up to your due date then I would e-mail him Not every month before then. Steve has never not delivered a hat. It may be a bit of a wait for it. This is due to the fact of being the highest demanded handmade hatter out there. He worked 16 hour days last year and sometimes 7 days a week.

Just an FYI. I myself have a hat on order from him and I will wait the regular time frame just like everyone else. I love his work and will only wear the AB label besides my own.

I hope that helps.

John

club30s

New in Town
bendingoak said:
I think you are mistaken about getting a hat from Steve in six weeks. I know he has stated his prices is going up to 650 and I think that is in six weeks but again let me state ounce more. Get your info from Steve directly.

yep my info is directly from Steve and this is what he said six weeks wait.... that is, at least for the time being (as I also mentioned above) with new prices. I mean it doesn't make much sense to post 6 weeks lead time note at his website if this was not true.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Yep

club30s said:
yep my info is directly from Steve and this is what he said six weeks wait.... that is, at least for the time being (as I also mentioned above) with new prices. I mean it doesn't make much sense to post 6 weeks lead time note at his website if this was not true.

Yep, that's exactly what it says on Steve's website:
http://www.adventurebilthats.com/orderPrice.asp

Look under "pricing" and you'll see this, copied directlly from that page:

Hand made pure beaver felt fedora ...................................................... $650.00
(lead time maximum of 6 weeks, email me first for availability before you order)

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
thewolverine said:
I do not mind waiting (so far, 19 months) ..I last emailed in the spring. I just want to make sure that I do not fall off the list :)
The Adventurebilt maker frequently posts on another hat site, and he is working long hours to catch up with his orders. But if memory serves, there are folks who paid their money two years ago who are still waiting. When I wrote the above posts, I knew nothing about what long hours that guy works, nor of his reputation for integrity. I tried to go back and delete what I wrote but I don't see any feature for editing those old posts.

In any case, I have no doubt that when your name comes up, you'll have a wonderful hat.

Nebraska Schulte

Familiar Face
kabuto said:
So the people who pay $650 get to jump the queue over the guys who paid the smaller fee?

From the Adventurebilt website under the new $650 price:
(lead time maximum of 6 weeks, email me first for availability before you order)
(emphasis mine)
So I believe the part I underlined may be to prevent the jumping ahead.

best wishes,
Nebraska Schulte

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
kabuto said:
So the people who pay $650 get to jump the queue over the guys who paid the smaller fee?
Not that I'm aware of, no. I've never heard of anything like that. The price hike has resulted in fewer new orders, so eventually the maker can catch up. I am almost certain it's still "orders filled in the sequence they arrived."

club30s

New in Town
kabuto said:

Yes. Like anywhere else. You pay higher (express) fee for cutting down the time. Nothing wrong with it.

Blackthorn said:
Not that I'm aware of, no. I've never heard of anything like that. The price hike has resulted in fewer new orders, so eventually the maker can catch up. I am almost certain it's still "orders filled in the sequence they arrived."

um... actually NO. You place the order and you get the hat in 6 weeks. Period! At $650 you get the hat in 6 weeks time. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of posting it (lead time of 6 weeks). Those people in line who are waiting for 2 years paid ALOT less than this. So higher the price -- lower the wait time. It is not the same queue for older and new prices.

For example at Airports / amusement parks there are seprate lines for different prices.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
club30s said:
Yes. Like anywhere else. You pay higher (express) fee for cutting down the time. Nothing wrong with it.

um... actually NO. You place the order and you get the hat in 6 weeks. Period! At $650 you get the hat in 6 weeks time. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of posting it (lead time of 6 weeks). Those people in line who are waiting for 2 years paid ALOT less than this. So higher the price -- lower the wait time. It is not the same queue for older and new prices.

For example at Airports / amusement parks there are seprate lines for different prices.
I stand corrected. My bad.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
club30s said:

No, you don't. Just because you pay more does not mean that you jump in front of everybody else who have been wainting more than a year. Some more than 18 months.

The bottom line is that you wait your turn, just like everybody else. That other website he post at, it is called Club Obi Wan. www.indygear.com/cow You hve to register to see the posts, but you will get your information first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner