Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventurebilt hats - anyone ordered from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indiana

New in Town
Suprisingly no. I did get hot (that's hard to avoid when it is 115 degrees in the shade), but the wide brim of the hat was a blessing in the sun.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Adventurebilt "Aviator" DeLuxe (by Marc)

I know these have been posted before, but just to remind you 'all' of what a lovely and versatile hat this is. It stood up to dry heat of LA and the countryside there to snows in Maine on the Canadian border (oh yes...and nightclubs in NYC!!)...and it takes it all and more and still looks great.

Torpedo

One Too Many
PADDY said:
I know these have been posted before, but just to remind you 'all' of what a lovely and versatile hat this is. It stood up to dry heat of LA and the countryside there to snows in Maine on the Canadian border (oh yes...and nightclubs in NYC!!)...and it takes it all and more and still looks great.

That looks like a fine lid. What are its specifications? Dimensions, crease, etc.

Regards!

thewolverine

New in Town
AB Fedora

Hi,
I did a down payment (Steve was kind enough to let me do that and have the Obi Wan discount) and received a message this January. (He mentioned that his apprentice was released and he needed to fix his paperwork). I have emailed him a couple times since (He asked me to re-send sizing, and other date info) but I have received no reply. I am sure his is exceptionally busy, and I am in no hurry. I just get a bit antsy when I receive no replies. He was and has been quite the gentlemen, however in our interactions.

Nebraska Schulte

Familiar Face
thewolverine, I've got an AB from Steve myself, and what I found worked for getting a response (and others have, too), is to put in the subject line what number of attempt email it is. Eg.: if this is your third email, have the subject line read "third attempt." Good luck--and it's worth the wait!

best wishes,
Nebraska Schulte

thewolverine

New in Town
I followed up with Steve and heard from him in January and furnished the info he asked for, but since then, I have not heard anything. I have written 4 emails but no joy. I know he is busy, but does anyone know how long one should wait for a reply? Thanks.

Neil

A-List Customer
I'd love one . . .

But from the sounds of the wait list, I'd be retired and moved twice before it arrived. By all accounts, he makes great hats. Just like Richard Sachs, the bicycle framebuilder who lives in Vermont. Makes a superb product, but the waiting list is seven years.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Now I doubt I'll ever get an AB...but I am considering one of Marc's "Henry's"...even though it's not handmade...it sounds like a fine hat.:eusa_clap

Dewhurst

Practically Family
Neil said:
But from the sounds of the wait list, I'd be retired and moved twice before it arrived.

lol lol lol

Colby Jack, for mere mortals that "Henry" sounds like it may be the best route to go. I'll bet you wouldn't regret it, it sounds very nice.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Dewhurst...I think you're right...The Henry would be great. Bruce...I don't know about finding a second hand AB in 7 5/8's...but I'm always scanning the classifieds here and the 'Bay...:D

REAPER

New in Town
1 year...

I ordered my AB hat back in May 19th 2008. I purchased it through Pay-Pal days before the price change. Steve did e-mail me stating my hat order was sent through and my hat will be made in Sept. or Oct. for the May orders. I know these hats are by far the best quality bar-nun. And they do take time.

I read many threads that they take up to a year or so to make. Well it's been a year. And just want to say this isn't a complaint :) I'm just curious, if it takes a year from when I purchased it back in May, or will it take a year from when it's actually being made back in Sept/Oct? :)

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
any luck yet?

For those of you who posted long waits in this thread...have the hats arrived yet? Or at least were you able to reach the maker and get responses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner