Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventurebilt hats - anyone ordered from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

club30s

New in Town
bruce wayne said:
No, you don't. Just because you pay more does not mean that you jump in front of everybody else who have been wainting more than a year. Some more than 18 months.

so you have never seen separate lines at the airports for first class/business class people? or in amusements parks for Express ticket holders or in banks for premier account holders? Heck even if you order anything from amazon.com or newegg they have a seprate rush/express charge if you want your order processed earlier. That is the whole point of paying more.

I don't know what you are referring to but it is a pretty common observance.

bruce wayne said:
The bottom line is that you wait your turn, just like everybody else. That other website he post at, it is called Club Obi Wan. www.indygear.com/cow You hve to register to see the posts, but you will get your information first hand.

Yes he does posts at obi wan. If you order now with new prices you get the hat within 6 weeks. This is straight from Steve himself---- I mean it makes NO sense whatsoever to post (lead time of 6 weeks) at your website if that is not true.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Steve Delk is a member of this forum and until he chimes in to set the record straight, it may be a good idea to take a breather.

clevispin

One of the Regulars
A Sucker Born Every Day

I would suggest that Mr Integrity is completely incompetent or a fraud if he's got customers waiting over a year and a half for a hat that Art can turn around in 4 weeks.

Kindly Submitted,

m

clevispin

One of the Regulars
My bad - I'll go with just the INCOMPETENT part. I'm sorry if I offended your sensibilities.

Ever...

m

REAPER

New in Town
Just received my hat...

I just received my AB hat yesterday. I read a ton of reviews on Steve's hats, and everyone is right. They are by far the best. Bar nun. I own 3 other Indiana Jones hats made from Lucas Film. And I'm sure they are made on a fast production line. So they don't look exactly like the movie.
But my Raiders style is top notch. Also my hat size is a small 21 1/2. He told me that my hat was the 1st to be made in that size. I thought that was pretty sweet. :) It took 16 months to get, but I have no complaints about that. Just order it and it will come.

REAPER

New in Town
Blackthorn said:
For those of you who posted long waits in this thread...have the hats arrived yet? Or at least were you able to reach the maker and get responses?

Yes sir, I just posted I received my hat yesterday. Steve is a great guy and had alot of contact through e-mail the past 3 weeks, due to my order being close to finish. He has alot of orders to do. Deepest respect to 1 man to handmake these hats. Really I'm sure it has been such a overwhelming task after everyone found out he made the hats for the film.
I mean their is such a colt following of people who want the right Indy hat. Sadly the Lucas brand hats don't go with the same specs as the hats in the movies.
But it's really cool to be apart of this adventure he has undertaken. :eusa_clap

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
REAPER said:
Yes sir, I just posted I received my hat yesterday. Steve is a great guy and had alot of contact through e-mail the past 3 weeks, due to my order being close to finish. He has alot of orders to do. Deepest respect to 1 man to handmake these hats. Really I'm sure it has been such a overwhelming task after everyone found out he made the hats for the film.
I mean their is such a colt following of people who want the right Indy hat. Sadly the Lucas brand hats don't go with the same specs as the hats in the movies.
But it's really cool to be apart of this adventure he has undertaken. :eusa_clap
Cool, Reaper! Congrats on a great hat! :)

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Duuuuude

Reaper

Not really a fair comparison - Sister Mary Maragret's true passion is the wimple.

m

matei

One Too Many
Wow... things have certainly changed since I ordered my AB a few years ago. Wait times and prices have gone up! ;)

I did wait several months for Steve to make the hat, but it was well worth the wait. It is a lovely hat, and really fits the bill.

Mine has been through quite a lot, including:
- getting blown off me head at London City airport, a kind steward ran down the runway to retrieve it for me
- getting crushed in a sweltering drive across Europe, and then getting soaked multiple times during the drive back across Europe in a blizzard
- getting a pint of Timothy Taylor Landlord spilled on it

... and so on, the list is actually way longer, but I wanted to say that in spite of this it is a quality product and it looks almost as good as the day I received it (just needs a wee reblock).

Whether it is worth $650... that is your call, it is made by the same fella who made them for the films however.

matei

One Too Many
Alas, there is not. I was careless and went to place my pint on what I believed to be the bar surface... however it was a tray which was only partially supported by the bar.

The weight of the full pint then tipped the tray over, summarily dousing my new-ish hat with my favourite bitter.

Thankfully the AB is brown, and no noticeable staining occurred, although it did smell like an old pub for some time until it got doused in a hellacious storm.

Note that I wasn't wearing the hat at the time, I'd placed it on the seat next to me!

Joefriday

New in Town
I'm still waiting on mine. I ordered the first week of December of 2007. So well over 18 months for me... Hopefully soon.

Graemsay

Practically Family
My brother and I are both waiting on Adventurebilt Deluxes from Marc. The orders were place in Spring (April and May respectively, I think) last year, and are slowly making their way through the queue.

He asked for measurements a few weeks ago, so I think that we're getting towards delivery.

My brother's hat is going to be a derivative (rather than copy) of the Indy hat, whereas mine will be based on the Trilby.

(Incidentally, Marc likes it when customers ask for something more personal than copying Harrison Ford's. :))

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Wow, what an interesting thread. I had seen on Steve's website that the hats had gone to $650 and before that, waiting times had grown to months and months. Figured that would happen when he was picked to do the hats for the last movie.

Well, might as well toss this out just so some of you can get irritated at old me with my black and white head and flat nose. In 2005, I ran across Steve's website and decided I wanted his AB (I think there just was the deluxe version, I know it was 100% beaver at I think $200 or $250). Sent him an email asking about it, got a response in about 20 minutes, sent back size, color, asked for my initials in the sweatband and paid him).

Ten days (!) later, the hat showed up. I thought that was normal..... sent an email and thanked him for the best hat I'd ever seen. Was that an example of the "good old days?"
Now, how do I get an Aero jacket in 10 days???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24