Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 20's Hercules

schitzo

Suspended
I think Schitzo tried one on.

Well remembered Handy.

Funny you should bring this up now Swoosed, I should be receiving mine this week. Woulda been sooner had I not been stuck overseas for a few months. I'll let y'all know. As i recall, I think I previously described the fit as somewhere in between a 30s and a 50s HB

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Schitz, I believe I recall your mentioning awhile ago you were in the queue for a Hercules, which appears to be a very interesting design with fasteners at the bottom, cord body lining, and hookless zipper. What body length did you choose. Look forward to pics in the next few days. :thumb:

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
Well remembered Handy.

Funny you should bring this up now Swoosed, I should be receiving mine this week. Woulda been sooner had I not been stuck overseas for a few months. I'll let y'all know. As i recall, I think I previously described the fit as somewhere in between a 30s and a 50s HB

that would be a perfect fit for me

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Why is the price on this one 100 pounds more than a Halfbelt or Cossack? 735 is pretty steep!

HDRnR

A-List Customer
Where exactly is the difference in the fit between them ? I have a 50's HB and cant imagine the cut any slimmer and I have a 32 waist.

Well remembered Handy.

schitzo

Suspended
Welcome back Schitzo.

Thanks man

Where exactly is the difference in the fit between them ? I have a 50's HB and cant imagine the cut any slimmer and I have a 32 waist.

50s HBs are loose. Aero themselves describes the pattern as 'oversized'. In contrast, 30s HBs are much closer, a bit tight under the arms even. When I tried the 20s Herc on the fit to me felt just right. Anyhow, that was then and this is now. We'll see how mine feels when it turns up later this week

@Fanch
The one i tried on was 24.5" long. I wanted a bit more length. Ken agreed that another half an inch could be squeezed on, but no more. So the answer is 25" long. Of course there will be pics for you degenerates!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The Herc must be shorter in the back than the front. I am also 6'2" and normally my sweet spot is 26.5" for a HWM and Pioneer but maybe an inch less for a 30's and probably for the Herc too. Schitz, look forward to seeing you post pics on arrival. :D

schitzo

Suspended
You were right Fanch it is longer at the front, which I hadn't noticed.

I just tried it on now and the fit is absolutely exquisite. Alas there was a mix up with the hide and it got made up in the default option i.e. tumbled black. It was as much my fault as anyone else's but aero being aero they've kindly offered a remake in the regular black that I had been hoping for.

I definitely feel very happy with my choice here and am looking forward to getting to know this one.

Incidentally, the one in the pic was made by Greg, i think his surname is Field. The precision of Greg's work is very impressive, his handwriting aint

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
So the jacket pictured is going back to Aero and a new one is to be made up? What size is it so that those interested can keep an eye on the sales page...looks very nice

schitzo

Suspended
too small for a linebacker like you! it's a 38.

If I'm not mistaken Ken is a 38. Perhaps he'll shorten the sleeves and keep it for himself

schitzo

Suspended
the tumbled looks a lot older, the shine is removed. To me it doesn't appear to have as much depth. It is certainly very comfortable and I can see why others might even prefer it, the look of it also, but i'm not in that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80