Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Board Racer: Length?

This style should be a bit longer, yeah. 26" or so. Here's mine. Pretty much exactly the same style. Schott CR, 42. 26" back length.

DSC04896.jpg
Monitor, that looks like a perfect fit, and length.

Powerband

Practically Family
This style should be a bit longer, yeah. 26" or so. Here's mine. Pretty much exactly the same style. Schott CR, 42. 26" back length.

DSC04896.jpg

Monitor, that looks great on you. To my best estimation of my height and using your picture as the example, the jacket would *just* cover the opening of the jeans pockets. Do you think that small difference is a deal breaker? (I’m potentially buying this BR off the rack.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monitor, may I ask what your height is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 6'1". The jacket is... Uh, I can't actually remember exactly but I think it's 26" or 26.5". One or the other. It's not longer than that. The pants I'm wearing in the pic are really low cut. It more than covers the pocket openings on regular fitting jeans.

Edward

Bartender
It seems the configuration allows the jacket to be longer, but you guys don’t find that the fit looks weird if it goes down farther past your belt line?

I've yet to own one (though there could well be one in my future if Aero can fit 'em with armour pockets), but no, as generally a fan of the shorter jackets, these don't look off to me. I think it's the split below the zip helps visually (as well as the obvious utilitarian purpose). That and the fact these jackets were always supposed to be that length, so for those of us who've spent so long poring over period photos and thinking how cool they looked, it makes sense.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really like the look. These are my similar styled jackets that all come down past the belt.

Vintage Brooks.
de5f7dbdf9ba395962516e3fee0d9b3d.jpg

Aero J-100 in Navy Vicenza.
3490ee0a9550ceba5a3402c41aeddb36.jpg

Diamond Dave in Shinki.
4e9d83917c3d979b35a4a03773a8b0d3.jpg

Flat Head CR in Black Shinki.
e24f27c39dd2354b3362c8ec1ed1bdfd.jpg

Nothing wrong with the look at all (as long as you like it).

Last edited:

ericsanpablo31

One of the Regulars
I'm curious about these style of jackets which splay out similar to the board racer.... if it is designed for functionality whilst sitting, is it ideal for the zipper to end right at the top of where your belt buckle would be on normal rise pants? I've seen some people's where the zipper ends lower than the belt buckle and then splays out and I've seen others where the zipper ends right above the belt buckle (or even sometimes a bit higher). What do you guys think looks better?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana