Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AERO Bronco - this is how it looks on me, PICS

JanSolo

Practically Family
Since there's been a bit of interest in Aero's Bronco lately I've decided to take a couple of pics of me wearing this specific jacket. Some people seemed to be curious about how the Bronco fits. I hope that the following pics might help to shed some light on that question.

This is not my personal jacket but it is one of Original Flightjacket's stock A-2s. It's an "off the rack" jacket with no alterations or special gadgets.

Jacket specs:

- Aeroleather Bronco
- Standard size 40
- Jerky veg tanned mid weight horsehide
- A lot of grain variation but consistent thickness
- Clear aniline coat over spray finish for a bit of shine, VERY NICE
- Leather looks a lot like Eastman's current "war horse"
- Probably one of the last Aero A-2s made by Edith

I've decided to also post a pic with shirt tucked in (yuk) just for reference.

8396284530_6d3ff18575_z.jpg

8396285562_be0a052401_z.jpg

8395202077_0372804431_z.jpg

Some personal measurements: 6ft1 (184 cm) 38 inch chest (92 cm) 158 Lbs (76 kg)

Rest of Attire:

- Very tired face
- Carhartt Heritage chambray shirt
- RRL (Double RL) 1940 service pant, hard twill, selvedge
- Tubular knit silk ascot tie, dark burgundy
- Hobo Goodyear welted ankle brogues

Hope this was of help!

PS: Since there's been a great demand: A little summer shot of a good friend of mine. Different perspective, I know, but loungers who are "in the know" will recognise this "forum member" instantly... ;)

8395287367_5eea418b76_z.jpg

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looks pretty good to me! With your height and what appears to me a somewhat long torso, another inch in body length might be a bit better but maybe not. In any case, I think the Bronco is a bit longer in the body anyhow, so think you did well. Congrats!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Great looking jacket. Like Fanch, I think at a pinch, you could go for an extra inch - I can't talk though, I've got jackets that are bang on the belt - but I don't think it matters at all. Nice to see the tree back! :D

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Looks pretty good to me! With your height and what appears to me a somewhat long torso, another inch in body length might be a bit better but maybe not. In any case, I think the Bronco is a bit longer in the body anyhow, so think you did well. Congrats!

I don't think Jans got long torso, it's because he was wearing a pair of modern low rise chino. Anyhow, it looks great. I really want to ask Jans, how can he always get the size right for his jackets....... Damn, I really envy him...

JanSolo

Practically Family
Yeah, I guess you're right. If I would order a size 40 Bronco I would definitely go for an extra inch body length and maybe half an inch for the sleeves.
But the pics show well how long the Bronco is in comparison to other A-2s. The 42something contract probably wouldn't even reach my belt.
BTW my torso isn't that long to be honest, but the camera I used has a strange lens that creates a mild to moderate frog eye effect at certain distances. Check how tiny my feet look...and I wear size UK 10.5 shoes.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Also those RRL service pants are not really low rise. This effect is again created by the camera. Next time I use an SLR with a proper lens.

Justhandguns, thanks regarding the fit. But as I've mentioned earlier this jacket is not mine. I just threw it over for a couple of pics. Original Flightjackets have all sort of Aero jackets in their store and you can try on as many as you want. This just eliminates the Russian Roulette you sometimes play when you order from Aero directly and you don't know your personal measurements or how a specific jacket is going to fit.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
BTW my torso isn't that long to be honest, but the camera I used has a strange lens that creates a mild to moderate frog eye effect at certain distances. Check how tiny my feet look...and I wear size UK 10.5 shoes.

It is odd how a normal camera slightly distorts an image. I took some photos of a 'fashion' jacket I thought I'd post on the FL and it slightly 'wrong' around the legs, even though I've been wearing for donkey's years. I now have doubts about it...

thor

Call Me a Cab
Since there's been a bit of interest in Aero's Bronco lately I've decided to take a couple of pics of me wearing this specific jacket. Some people seemed to be curious about how the Bronco fits. I hope that the following pics might help to shed some light on that question.

This is not my personal jacket but it is one of Original Flightjacket's stock A-2s. It's an "off the rack" jacket with no alterations or special gadgets.

Jacket specs:

- Aeroleather Bronco
- Standard size 40
- Jerky veg tanned mid weight horsehide
- A lot of grain variation but consistent thickness
- Clear aniline coat over spray finish for a bit of shine, VERY NICE
- Leather looks a lot like Eastman's current "war horse"
- Probably one of the last Aero A-2s made by Edith

I've decided to also post a pic with shirt tucked in (yuk) just for reference.

8396284530_6d3ff18575_z.jpg

8396285562_be0a052401_z.jpg

8395202077_0372804431_z.jpg

Some personal measurements: 6ft1 (184 cm) 38 inch chest (92 cm) 158 Lbs (76 kg)

Rest of Attire:

- Very tired face
- Carhartt Heritage chambray shirt
- RRL (Double RL) 1940 service pant, hard twill, selvedge
- Tubular knit silk ascot tie, dark burgundy
- Hobo Goodyear welted ankle brogues

Hope this was of help!

PS: BY popular request a little summer shot of a good friend of mine. Different perspective, I know, but Loungers who are "in the know" will recognise this "forum member" instantly... ;)

8395287367_5eea418b76_z.jpg

Jan, the tucked-in look with necktie looks good on you. May not be your usual personal style but it does look "right" for you, especially wearing a waist length jacket. Just my 2 cents.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Hi Jack! Good idea! I'll ask him if he would be willing to model the Bronco.
Unfortunately he's not only a little longer in the torso but also a little mossy around the belly...I don't want him to soil the lining. Any ideas how that could be prevented? I know that he doesn't like to wear any shirts or t-shirts....

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Oustanding overall attention to detail. Nice colours and just the right balance of old and modern. The lines show both order and a comfortable atmosphere. The outer shell looks like it has gotten the right treatment and have just the right amount of bark and moss. Its always a pleasure to see that the tree is doing well and that the overall "wardrobe" has been attended too.

And nice jacket, pants and shoes too btw :D

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Oustanding overall attention to detail. Nice colours and just the right balance of old and modern. The lines show both order and a comfortable atmosphere. The outer shell looks like it has gotten the right treatment and have just the right amount of bark and moss. Its always a pleasure to see that the tree is doing well and that the overall "wardrobe" has been attended too.

And nice jacket, pants and shoes too btw :D

How long has it been since you've applied oil to the bark? The tree looks a bit dry, and you can see the bark drying out in the "cracked" areas.
Perhaps some Pecard's or Lexol would do the trick. Just remember no silicone base. It will attract all sorts of birds, severely shortening it's lifespan.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Why that's good avice Nick! I'll use some Pecards and work it in with a brush and a hair dryer. That will leave the bark supple and well fed. Pecards will also create a water rellent finish which helps to keep ants away.
That was sound avice...I'll give it a go after the chill is gone.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Oh nooooooo! Don't you guys know that the bark was stuffed with natural bug repellents at the tree nursery that also keep the bark so supple that any treatment for the first 100 years is discouraged?! Just leave it like it is and let it soak in the rain regularly. That's the best you can do to break it in and keep it in good shape.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I guess that is the problem of all wide angel lenses taking pictures at close distance!
There is also the perspective of the photographer. It looks like the photographer was standing upright hence not level at the body causing a little of a downward angle. Try bending the knees so the camera will be at level with the jacket if the "Focus" is on the jacket. LOL.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
But seriously, the jacket look very nice. The finish makes it look expensive, and Im intrigued as to how it will age. Probably awesome.

Im not a fan of that shirt, but I love the pants and the shoes.

So do you know the guy that runs flightjackets?
Thats pretty cool. Maybe you could show off a shearling jacket also :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic