Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Cafe Racer in Battered Tan

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I don't think ownership of a BR jacket necessitates a the purchase of a bike. It's a cool design, but nobody has ever asked me what a ride. But I live in Glasgow, and the weather makes biking a less common hobby.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
While I ride, its not exactly a 30's to 60's inspired bike lol

Yet I still wear cafe racers, off the bike that are....you don't need to ride to enjoy a good cafe racer jacket imo.

Last edited:

dan_t

Practically Family
Agree totally Martin.

P5050010.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist!

As for the comment earlier about the slim fit half belt, note that the front of this jacket is lower than the back by approximately 1.5 inches. As such, t really doesn't 'fit' like the cafe racer.

Ribdoner

A-List Customer
i found that bikes were harder to sneak into the rotation than watches, knives, firearms, outerwear and outside women

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I don't think ownership of a BR jacket necessitates a the purchase of a bike. It's a cool design, but nobody has ever asked me what a ride. But I live in Glasgow, and the weather makes biking a less common hobby.

I've never cared for bikes but I love cafe racer jackets. They are practical jackets with that minimalist look. Only once has someone asked me where my bike was parked and they were a smarty pants.

tonypaj

Practically Family
Everything else except motorbike is OK for me to buy. The wife works with road safety stuff, motorbikes are a no go for me (sort of) and for my son (most definitely). I don't much care for bike jackets, either.

Glenville86

Familiar Face
I like the looks of motorcycle jackets but do not buy them as I don't ride. Same with some western wear as I am not a cowboy. I do have one A2 civilian leather jacket even though I don't actually fly a plane. All my other leather jackets are civilian style jackets. I do wear military general issue type jackets as I did 26-years in the Army.

I personally think it is up to the individual and what they like to wear and you should wear what you like.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Well, this is a theme we can play with forever; work wear is cool looking, but many a guy in snazzy repro work wear hasn't done a day of labouring in their life. Carry a pocket watch? Why, when you've got a cell phone that does the same job? Some fellas like vintage suits, but is it 1940 (thank-the-f-not) and does it matter? This site celebrate anachronisms, superfluities and contradictions. Good.

Last edited:

Glenville86

Familiar Face
Yep - In my previous post I said people should wear what they like.

Each individual will have their own preferences from conservative to outlandish and that is what makes this site fun to check out and belong to. ;)

Well, this is a theme we can play with forever; work wear is cool looking, but many a guy in snazzy repro work wear hasn't done a day of labouring in their life. Carry a pocket watch? Why, when you've got a cell phone that does the same job? Some fellas like vintage suits, but is it 1940 (thank-the-f-not) and does it matter? This site celebrate anachronisms, superfluities and contradictions. Good.

:nod: Very well said!

And again, there are motorcycle jackets and then there are motorcycle jackets. Wearing a Perfecto on a bike doesn't make it any less of a fashion statement than wearing it off the bike. Everyone should wear what they like. Who cares, it's all just clothes.

zebedee

One Too Many
I ordered one in battered tan with all the usual features, 4 pockets and everything zippered. I don't ride, don't see it in my future, etc. but just reckon the style is nice.

pawineguy

One Too Many
I ordered one in battered tan with all the usual features, 4 pockets and everything zippered. I don't ride, don't see it in my future, etc. but just reckon the style is nice.

It's one of the more versatile styles for a casual jacket. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

kronos77

One of the Regulars
Sorry if I am a bit dense here but I am not the jacket expert many of you are.

If i had a collared cafe racer, an Aero Sheene or a similar Schott model, I already broke the mold, didn't i? The Luftwaffe WWII jackets were motorcycle jackets but had button cuffs and flap pockets sometimes. Historically there were variations. Why the insistence on the zips?

Again sorry if i am missing something really obvious.

zebedee

One Too Many
Zips probably streamline and add security in terms of stuff in pockets. Maybe zips also make it easier to get jackets off of broken, bashed bodies, but you're probably at the 'Cut that off him!' stage by then. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24