Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Halfbelt side adjuster & Cossak question

zact

New in Town
Hi all,

I'm finalizing details of my order with Aero and want to ask the forum -- Is the edge of side adjuster hardware sharp somewhat? Sharp enough to scratch car leather seat? I drive more than ride these days but don't want to ruin my car seat. Pls advise.

Also, if anyone has Cossack, I would like hear experience/impression of it. Judging from the photo on the website, it looks like a slim fit than halfbelt.

Thanks!

blethook

One of the Regulars
If you're worried about the sharp edges why not use double D-rings, instead?

I had one Aero jacket with D-rings and I seem to remember they worked just as well. The only thing was that the D-rings that Aero used on my jacket were way bigger than the leather straps, so if you go with double D-rings make sure the width of the leather straps matches that of the D-rings.

Dav

One Too Many
I can't say I've noticed any scratching from the buckles of my highwayman they just don't feel sharp to me, in fact I've just looked at the jacket itself and there doesn't even seem to be any marks on it from the buckles. Its about one year old BTW.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Unless your car has bucket seats I don't think that the buckles (on a Cossack or HB will come into contact with the seats). Might be different on a Highwayman...
But the buckles aren't sharp. The edges are not chamfered or rounded but they are defintely not sharp!

zact

New in Town
Thanks all for the comment. Ya, my car has deep bucket seats... I might try the D-ring solution..

I suppose not many has gotten Cossack.

There is no need for a solution..since there is no problem. The Cossack has the same buckle straps as the HalfBelt of which I have several. The buckles are not sharp. All three of our cars have leather bucket seats with my two seater sportscar being deeper and more wrap around. Absolutely no buckle problem in any of them!
HD

zaman fu

Familiar Face
i also have a half-belt and a car w/ very deeply bolstered buckets and have had no issues whatsoever. although i'd go with a jacket with a by-swing back like a route 66 if planning on driving a lot while wearing a slimmer-fitting heavy fqhh jacket.

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
It is possible that a racing style, harness strapped deep bucket seat, as used on a Porsche for example, where one sits in a deep rigid hard leather wrapped bucket seat, that buckles on the side might be an issue. I have cars with standard type leather bucket seats, and my Aero Half Belts buckles cause no problems.

I too, would love to see someone with a Cossack.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
In one of my cars, which has deep bucket seats, the buckle straps on my halfbelt did put pressure on the seat. The leather in that car is also less coated, so after just one day the leather did start to develop wear in that area. So now, I never wear my halfbelt in that car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy