Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero has natural CXL from Horween!!!

be careful! Latigo usually means "heavy" or "rigid".
200.gif

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got the sample, and i don't think i actually like it!

Here is a picture, in order from left to right:
Black HH CXL, Brown HH CXL, Natural HH CXL, Natural bridle leather, Broken in wallet that used to be the same colour as the bridle leather when new.

As you can see, it really has nothing in common with "real" natural leather, it almost looks like it is sand coloured, or brown without the red tones.
As it stands i don't really like it, i find it too "flat earth brown/sandy" but i am going to put half the sample in the sun for a few days and see how it evolves.
I have a feeling it is just going to go dark brown, without the nice red undertones i love in Brown CXL...

Texture wise, it feels like regular CXL, maybe in between black and brown. Not as waxy as my brown one, but not as rigid as my black one.

The pictures are white balanced and really match what my eyes see.
Update to follow.

3TmAWWT.jpg

Thanks for posting that, it does not really look like what I have in mind when I think of natural tan

Dav

One Too Many
Got to say, that sample looks very different to my boots when they were new, they were much more flesh pink, quite horrible actually.
ResizerImage1500X1000.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MET

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
So i have been tanning my sample for the past week.
It has been very sunny, and i have been moving the sample around to make sure it got as much sun as possible through out the day. The right half is tanned, the left half didn't see the sun.

I doubt i will be ordering anything in this hide, it's just not the right colour for me, it's not what i would call "natural" but sandy brown.

8gqHh5C.jpg

That's a good description Carlos. I would agree. A bit of a muddy brown. I plan on coating the half I set in the sun in Vaseline to see if that changes how it reacts to it. I'm all but convinced I'll be ordering a moonshiner in it. Not much pull up to it either, tho it does lighten up when manipulated.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
When will this choice be available?

Send Aero an email and ask if they still have some left. I did that, and they are making a dustbowl in it for me. Holly did tell me that they had enough for one more jacket, so not sure if they are out for now. Worth a shot if you want a jacket done in it. Although reading what Denny said, it does sound very likely that they will make it a part of their standard range of leathers.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Reactions: MET

KHainez

New in Town
Interesting Carlos the colour of your sample because I bought the jacket they made in this hide and the overall colour looks different. I personally think it’s exactly the same colour and hide as a brand new baseball mitt. I’ll upload pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KHainez

New in Town
That looks amazing!

Why does it look nothing like the sample i have?

Thanks Carlos I’m going to wear it hard and see what it looks like in a year or 2. I’m not sure why your sample looks so different but I thought I should upload these pics because if I received the jacket and it was the same colour as your sample i would feel the same way you do. If the colour was like that I’d feel like I might as well go for a brown CXL FQHH as it just looks sandy brown as you stated

KHainez

New in Town
Hey K:
That’s a total cool badass jacket!! The grain throughout has soooo much character. Down the road with age that jacket is gonna be to die for!!
Good go man!
Be well. Bowen

Cheers Bowen thank you for the kind words. I’m very pleased with it. I’ve got a few Aero jackets (30’s halfbelt, vintage highwayman, j106 and a real deal A2) but I’m really in love with this one in particular I will definitely upload pics as it ages

KHainez

New in Town
Seeing this makes me think I made the right decision to order a jacket in this leather. Looks amazing!

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Torf, definitely the right decision!! I wore it today for the first time and just thought this is going to age so well.. I can see my kids fighting over this one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ