Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Hooch Hauler Two Tone Badalassi (russet and seal brown)

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
I totally believe you ;)

I really don't know why they don't add it to their portfolio - perhaps because most people either want HH (Vicenza or Horween) or prefer the cheaper Horween heavy steer and as it is not well known, but I may be wrong with my assumption
How much this Badalassi hide adds to the standart price of Hooch Hauler made of Horween CXL HH?

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Not really. Both Ton and me would prefer to try that original "thick and stiff" Badalassi)
P.S. Though I like this shown above "reworked" Badalassi too.
It is not a light weight jacket at all - I don't have a scale and when comparing my two tone Sunburst (tumbled FQHH) the Badalassi Hooch Hauler is heavier

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
It is not a light weight jacket at all - I don't have a scale and when comparing my two tone Sunburst (tumbled FQHH) the Badalassi Hooch Hauler is heavier
That sounds nice! Very nice!

The more I look at it this is precisely the kind of two tone I would do. It's subtle but it's there. Really well done. Would love to see some more pics of you wearing it but not holding the phone! I know, sorry, I'm high maintenance!

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
The more I look at it this is precisely the kind of two tone I would do. It's subtle but it's there. Really well done. Would love to see some more pics of you wearing it but not holding the phone! I know, sorry, I'm high maintenance!
I will take more daylight pics in a couple of days...promised! My wife won't take pics of me wearing leather jackets...she thinks I'm crazy anyway :D that's why I need a selfie stick

I will take more daylight pics in a couple of days...promised! My wife won't take pics of me wearing leather jackets...she thinks I'm crazy anyway :D that's why I need a selfie stick
Dear God man no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just put that sucker on a timer or get a remote!

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! It feels soft, kind of supple despite it's quite heavy and substantial and luxurious like an expensive leather sofa

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
More pics....

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    629.6 KB · Views: 1,455
  • IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 1,505
  • IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 1,466
  • IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    688.4 KB · Views: 1,467
  • IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    749.2 KB · Views: 1,426
  • IMG_0520.jpg
    IMG_0520.jpg
    777.2 KB · Views: 1,432

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I was talking to Ken (Aero Leather) today. He said that they basically don't have any stock left of Badalassi but the good thing is that they consider buying more from Carlo Badalassi - due to the additional work with this leather type (it is thicker and therefore needs to be re-worked by Aero to be used for jackets) this will be more expensive than Vicenza - in my opinion it is definitely worth the price and apart from the stitching quality (compared to Freewheelers and RMC) I no longer see a reason to search for 3 times more expensive leather jackets. Till beginning of this week my "grail jacket" was the Caboose from Freewheelers but now I think both are on the same level (in my opinion). Aero's Badalassi is more and more my favorite type of leather....I simply love everything about this leather even if it is no horsehide which is the most popular leather!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch