Aero Hooch Hauler Two Tone Badalassi (russet and seal brown)

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Robbie79, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Hey all!
    To be honest with you I was really torn when and after I ordered my first Badalassi jacket from Aero about two months ago as I've never handled this leather before and since there is not much experience here on TFL. Yesterday I got the message that the Hooch Hauler is on its way to me and I received it today. I couldn't believe my eyes when I unpacked the jacket - wonderful smell (as good as BK Victory HH which has my favorite smell), very supple and soft leather (no real break-in required), quite substantial and luxurious look and touch like a 2-3k jacket (Vicenza, Horween FQHH, Horween heavy steer, battered tan HH, black jerky HH don't have the luxurious feeling and look). It's almost as heavy as CXL FQHH or in between Vicenza and FQHH. The grain of the leather is beautiful and it has a rich color (rich cognac russet and seal brown). I'm so glad that I took the risk and the fit is also quite good IMO. Here are some pics:

Attached Files:

2. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

2nd part with fit pics

Attached Files:

3. ton312

ton312

That is really beautiful! Nice!

Robbie79 likes this.
  4. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

Beautiful! Didn't realize that leather was available through Aero.

Robbie79 likes this.
  5. dannyk

dannyk Practically Family

Are both colors the Badalassi hide?

6. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

I cant argue with you on this one! the leather on this one looks fantastic.. how did you decide what color to make each panel? is it your choice or do the folks at Aero decide..

7. Very very nice and excellent fit..!!
    Congrats
    HD

8. rolf s

rolf s New in Town

Very cool

9. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

Nice color combination and the leather is very interesting. Congrats!

Am I right assuming the Badalassi is only some test batch they had in stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Lebowski

Lebowski One Too Many

It looks quite similar to Vicenza HH on the photos shown above, doesn't it?

11. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Yes, both are Badalassi (russet and seal brown). According to Ken from Aero Scotland "The reason your Badalassi is so superb is that we had the hides reworked, otherwise the leather is just too thick and stiff for jackets"

handymike and dannyk like this.
  12. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

It's actually my second two-tone jacket from Aero - first time I let them choose and this time I took a pic which Carrie posted here (two tone Vicenza Hooch Hauler).

13. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

I don't know if it is a test batch (It definitely doesn't look and feel like a test batch) but what I know is that they don't have much in stock

dannyk and Mich486 like this.
  14. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

It looks and feels totally different compared to Vicenza - I like their Vicenza (I own a russet Vicenza Wayfarer) but after receiving their Badalassi I definitely prefer Badalassi. Their Badalassi looks and feels like a high-quality + expensive leather sofa if you know what I mean

handymike, dannyk and Lebowski like this.
  15. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Thanks to all for your positive feedback what I didn't expect being honest with you!

16. ton312

ton312

I'd like to try one of those though...

Phil Silv3rs, jacketjunkie and dannyk like this.
  17. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

Yeah what I meant to ask is whether they are going to add Badalassi to their standard leather offering which I think to understand isn’t the case. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lebowski likes this.
  18. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

I totally believe you ;)
    I really don't know why they don't add it to their portfolio - perhaps because most people either want HH (Vicenza or Horween) or prefer the cheaper Horween heavy steer and as it is not well known, but I may be wrong with my assumption

Mich486 likes this.
  19. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

No body wants thick hide today, it is also hard for them to make jacket on thick hide, it's a win-win situation.

20. Lebowski

Lebowski One Too Many

Not really. Both Ton and me would prefer to try that original "thick and stiff" Badalassi)
    P.S. Though I like this shown above "reworked" Badalassi too.

dannyk likes this.