Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero leather water resistance

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Carlos, I wasn't standing on the left side of the escalator, I was walking fast (I thought) but not quite sprinting. :D I think that it is universal everywhere that one stands on the right side of an escalator. The point I was trying to make was the number of people in London moving at warp speed almost everywhere like nothing I have ever seen before, including NYC, LA, Rome, etc.

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In Miami the drivers like to cruise at just about the speed limit or slower in the fast (left) lane, and they refuse to pull over. Nowhere else does this happen in this country. I'm a very peaceful guy, but this... well.

In Miami the drivers like to cruise at just about the speed limit or slower in the fast (left) lane, and they refuse to pull over. Nowhere else does this happen in this country. I'm a very peaceful guy, but this... well.

That's annoying, but what's seriously pissing me off is when some Porsche or Ferrari or whatever sports car driving jackass honks for me to move over to the right lane, even though I'm already going way above the speed limit and faster than anyone else.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Carlos, I wasn't standing on the left side of the escalator, I was walking fast (I thought) but not quite sprinting. :D I think that it is universal everywhere that one stands on the right side of an escalator. The point I was trying to make was the number of people in London moving at warp speed almost everywhere like nothing I have ever seen before, including NYC, LA, Rome, etc.

I got that, i meant people get more annoyed at people that walk on the left slow than at people who stand on the left!
Is someone stands on the left you can just say something and they will move right.
If they walk slow, your are just stuck, you can't really go "oi, walk faster!"

And the stand on the right is far from universal! Go to France, Belgium, Italy, and people just stand all over and make it impossible to walk up an escalator!
It drives me mad...

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I admit, I stand on elevators, I use the time to ponder about life, future, family, pets, and jackets :D

about impatient driver, 2 times already, on both occasions there were old guys riding a bicycle on an uphill slope, I was caught right behind him, and he was wobbly and in the middle of the road, so being a good hearted guy, I slow down into a crawl (and use the time to ponder about things I mentioned above, since the road was narrow anyway and the top of the slope was only few meters away)
but the car behind me started honking furiously, and the old guy wobbled into a stop, and stared at me angry, the car behind me overtook me and also got angry at me.

the 2nd time was basically the same, but instead of bicycle, the old guy was a rickshaw driver, pedaling at his maximum ability, so I slowed down waiting for the opposite traffic before trying to pass him, but again someone right behind me started honking furiously at me again, and the rickshaw guy ,stop jumped off the seat, and looked at me furiously.

Being a cool laidback guy is clearly not in fashion anymore...

Last edited:
I slow down too. Screw them.
I always slow down when that happens. :smile:

lol Ditto. Besides, they'll get there. And if you drive a Ferrari, there really isn't anywhere you need to be, anymore. You've finished the game.

As for the escalator, sure, it's not a ride, and while I don't tend to stand on the escalator if there are people behind me, when I am alone, I always let the thing take me there. In a world so completely devoid of any random fun, why not enjoy in whatever little joy there is still to be had? Or maybe I'm too easily entertained.
I've noticed that people get stuck on the escalator because of a large number of women wearing those crazy high heels. They can barely walk around in those on flat ground, let alone on a moving set of stairs, so I never see them walking on the escalator.

Navetsea, happened to me a few times. But some of those douchebag bicyclists really do tend to pedal in the middle of the road, forgetting - or not knowing - that on an uphill slope, it is impossible for a car to keep up at their pace. More than once have I gotten myself into a serious argument because of this, but then again, how serious of an argument can you have with someone wearing spandex shorts with padded behind.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
funny thing about supercars here in my city, approaching a speedbump, they stop, driver comes out of the car, take out some planks with him, carefully arrange the planks over the speed bump, drives the car on the plank safely to the otherside, if possible asks his friend to stand outside to give direction and to check if there is enough clearance under the car, stop again collect all the planks, drives off loudly until the next speedbump rinse and repeat.... this is clearly not a pleasant way to go from point A to B.... why bother buying something that is clearly not designed with a backwater country's road condition in mind, totally mind boggling...
in that situation probably I would furiously honk at them just for lulz.

and also one time I saw some guy in shorts riding his brand new sportbike, I believe it was an R1 iirc, he drove it at high speed and then braked, full stop, one leg down guiding the bike to make a U turn hopping on one leg, until the bike perfectly straight facing the opposite direction where he came from, gave full gas again.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
lol Ditto. Besides, they'll get there. And if you drive a Ferrari, there really isn't anywhere you need to be, anymore. You've finished the game.

Navetsea, happened to me a few times. But some of those douchebag bicyclists really do tend to pedal in the middle of the road, forgetting - or not knowing - that on an uphill slope, it is impossible for a car to keep up at their pace. More than once have I gotten myself into a serious argument because of this, but then again, how serious of an argument can you have with someone wearing spandex shorts with padded behind.

If I were you, being a good hearted guy as I am, I would park my car, get out of the car, say hello to him, then help him to push the bike from behind....
RIGHT INTO A DITCH lol

for a wobbly old guy I can wait, but for a guy in spandex short & rainbow tinted shades, swinging left and right on the middle of the road, holding by the horns of his handlebar, I might push him into a ditch for sure. those tarmac going mountain bikers are impossible to overtake.

Last edited:

pak

One of the Regulars
So here on an internet fashion forum where many prominent individual's concerns about style, form and feelings are very apparent, on the open road in a vehicle passive aggressive behavior abounds.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Anyone interested in 'Aero leather water resistance'...go back about a half dozen pages or so...:eusa_doh::rolleyes:

Unless one of the learned Aero staff members decides to chime in, I think this issue has been discussed in full, and then some. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner