Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero leathers sheene fit check and advice

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
All of the sheene’s I’ve seen here have the large rear shoulders and excess leather bunching in the lower back.
I think it's ok here.
B2C1E9BC-FEC6-490B-995D-867A2DF072F9.jpeg

scurvyfreedman

Familiar Face
I think it's probably between an inch or two long in the body, and an inch too long in the sleeves, particularly the left. If you ride, you might keep the sleeves at that length, but if it's just a casual jacket, shorten the arms.

Chest and shoulders look good to me. For a normal person, I'd it works, but for people like us, the length should be adjusted to make it closer to perfect.

jglf

A-List Customer
I was debating on between a seven and sheene for awhile and would have gotten the latter if I knew that I could the back to fit like yours. Unfortunately yours seemed to be the exception as most had the large shoulders.

You should be a consultant with aero to work in their pattern and CS fitment department!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was debating on between a seven and sheene for awhile and would have gotten the latter if I knew that I could the back to fit like yours. Unfortunately yours seemed to be the exception as most had the large shoulders.

You should be a consultant with aero to work in their pattern and CS fitment department!
Thank you very much.
Unfortunately, I must say that I had ordered this Sheene too small. It did fit perfectly from the measurements, but I think it was made by it for a smaller body length. I claim that this made the distance between the neck and armholes a tiny bit too small, which then led to the very strong folds from neck to chest. I had talked myself into it for a while, but then I often put on other jackets.
If I would buy the Sheene again (but now tend to the Board Racer), then but a size larger and without shoulder gussets. I find the gussets make the shoulders look too massive from behind.
The Sheene/CR has a 50s cut and by downsizing you can not make a 30s cut out of it. I.e. the must simply be worn a little wider. You just never stop learning ;-)

Rwarren

New in Town
So…..

I have the Seven style mentioned by several members above. It can be built to look almost exactly like the Sheen but does not have such a severe taper from the shoulders down to the waist. It is meant for us guys that do not have the walking V physique of gym rats and genetically blessed individuals. Judging by the shelf full of supplements shown in your post photos, I assume you are a weightlifter and this is probably why Carrie started you off with the Sheene instead of a Seven.

I would advise talking to Carrie about the Seven as an option but keep in mind that the size references change dramatically and you will likely be looking at a Seven that is two whole sizes above the Sheene You are now trying.

Also be aware that the Seven has higher armholes and narrower sleeve barrels that may be a problem if you are looking for more freedom of movement.

In the three years since I ordered my Seven, I started doing more upper body work related to shoulder therapy and notice it is a bit snugger in the shoulders than ideal. However, it looks great on me - according to the wife.

On body length, my Seven ends right at the bottom of my belt in front And right at the top of my jeans pockets in the rear. perfect for me.

The sleeves on my Vicenza Seven did not really shorten any with creasing. Not sure if this is due to the narrower sleeve but I have heard others comment that this really did not happen for them either. Ask Carrie.
I actually had them do some custom adjustments to the back panel that will bring in the excess leather on the back and should help some of the leather bunching at the shoulders too. That and Carrie was pretty convinced that because it was too long it was not able to sit correctly and was being pushed up my back, causing the leather to bunch even more. But the seven will most definitely not work for me. I’m 5’7” with a 42 inch chest and a 32 inch waist, the board racer or seven pattern would be quite bad on me unfortunately.

Kunja

Practically Family
The Sheene pattern is a tough fit in my opinion, and this one looks slightly too big everywhere to me. Dialed in the cut can look great, a little smaller all around will be perfect on you I think.

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
I actually had them do some custom adjustments to the back panel that will bring in the excess leather on the back and should help some of the leather bunching at the shoulders too. That and Carrie was pretty convinced that because it was too long it was not able to sit correctly and was being pushed up my back, causing the leather to bunch even more. But the seven will most definitely not work for me. I’m 5’7” with a 42 inch chest and a 32 inch waist, the board racer or seven pattern would be quite bad on me unfortunately.
Those adjustments should be perfect!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui