Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Plainsman - question for owners

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Anyone have one in a size 40? Can you tell me with the jacket lying flat, how much longer the front hem extends longer than the back?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
wdw has a size 40 listed in the classified section; so you might want to PM him and ask, or maybe he will see your thread by the time you wake up tomorrow. If it's any help, my Maxwell and Mulligan fronts both extend 2 1/2 inches longer than the back. [huh]

wdw

One Too Many
Fanch, it's a Work Coat I have listed, which I don't think has any similarities to the Plainsman. I don't know anything about the Plainsman, I'm afraid. Having said that, I find the designs with lower fronts look more level with the back when they're worn, as the front on straight hems tends to rise up.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
It's about a half inch longer in the front than in the back. I have a second hand one, tagged sz 40. Much much trimmer cut than other Aeros, in a good way. Barring the fact mine was not made for me, I'd say in general this pattern is cut about 1-2" longer than Aero's traditional waist-length cossacks. Eg my MTO Dustbowl measures 25" back, and the Plainsman measures 26.5".

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Just a half inch? I would have guessed at least 1 inch

Touché. Just pulled the jacket out of thee ole closet. Zipped up and laid flat, it measures 1.5" longer in the front than the back, measured straight down the middle of the back.

Sorry bout that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda