Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Premiere Half Belt fit opinions and fit pics.

Colin G

One Too Many
I just received this very nice Aero Premiere Half Belt yesterday. The colour is amazing and the jacket is very well built but there is a problem.

It is too large and I have quite a bit of extra leather everywhere. I'll post some fit pics and a pic of the original size 40, 30's Half Belt I was sent as a test fit jacket to base this off of. The test jacket fits smaller and I was expecting the premiere version to fit trimmer but I was sized in a 42 by the seller.
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG

Colin G

One Too Many
Here is the pic of the original test fit jacket which fits better in my opinion. The jacket I just received was supposed to fit more trim but I find it is the opposite.

Original test jacket in a 40 which I think fits better but is still a bit big.

DSC_0018.JPG

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I would send them a formal complaint since you sent test jackets to them which fit you well and this one obviously not. I hope Thurston/Aero will find an accommodating solution with you - I would send them all fitting pics of both this and the test jackets and perhaps a pic putting the smaller jacket(s) on top of the new HB.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I think everything is too big and too long. You clearly need a size 40, not 42.
IMO the test fit jacket with 2" less in the arms and 1" less in the body would probably be a great fit.

I would be worried about the shoudler width of a 40 premier HB being to small for you.

Colin G

One Too Many
I think everything is too big and too long. You clearly need a size 40, not 42.
IMO the test fit jacket with 2" less in the arms and 1" less in the body would probably be a great fit.

I would be worried about the shoudler width of a 40 premier HB being to small for you.

I agree.

The jacket I received was supposed to be more trim than the test jacket. I received something much larger.

Good to know it is not just my imagination. I just hope I can get this worked out with the vendor otherwise I am stuck with a jacket that is far too big for me.

I just wanted you all to see pics, offer some advice and help me confirm my thoughts on fit.

Last edited:

ShocDoc79

New in Town
I just received this very nice Aero Premiere Half Belt yesterday. The colour is amazing and the jacket is very well built but there is a problem.

It is too large and I have quite a bit of extra leather everywhere. I'll post some fit pics and a pic of the original size 40, 30's Half Belt I was sent as a test fit jacket to base this off of. The test jacket fits smaller and I was expecting the premiere version to fit trimmer but I was sized in a 42 by the seller.
View attachment 154048 View attachment 154049
Fits more like a loose Highwayman. Perhaps they’ll pickup shipping costs and a few other things.

Yep that's easily one size too large...sleeves could be shortened by 1" or more as well. I feel for you man...you are due for a major victory. I have to believe it's coming sooner than later....

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
The color, variation, and grain of that hide (Cordovan FQHH?) is really nice! Work out the sizing, but stick with that hide.

Colin G

One Too Many
The color, variation, and grain of that hide (Cordovan FQHH?) is really nice! Work out the sizing, but stick with that hide.

It is cordovan heavy steer and quite nice. The grain does kind of look like Bison.

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Despite all the extra room, I don't think it looks bad, at all. It does seem to be Aero's intent that the Highwayman fits big and a bit loose, although just about everyone seems to prefer sizing down for a trimmer fit. Although it looks fine in the photos you posted, it may not be the look you were going for, and that's certainly reason enough to seek remedy from the seller.

As it is, you could likely bundle up under it with a thick fisherman sweater, which would be just the thing for this week. The other 51 weeks of the year, though, you might want the more snug fit of your tryout jacket. I've been doing this with my size 44 zip-sleeve HWM this winter, and it's really nice to have the extra room, even though it's a bit much wearing it without layers underneath.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Despite all the extra room, I don't think it looks bad, at all. It does seem to be Aero's intent that the Highwayman fits big and a bit loose, although just about everyone seems to prefer sizing down for a trimmer fit. Although it looks fine in the photos you posted, it may not be the look you were going for, and that's certainly reason enough to seek remedy from the seller.

As it is, you could likely bundle up under it with a thick fisherman sweater, which would be just the thing for this week. The other 51 weeks of the year, though, you might want the more snug fit of your tryout jacket. I've been doing this with my size 44 zip-sleeve HWM this winter, and it's really nice to have the extra room, even though it's a bit much wearing it without layers underneath.

This isn't a Highwayman!
If they managed to make a Premier Halfbelt fit like a highwayman we can safely say it is too big...

Indeed the fit is entirely wrong. The fit jacket should’ve shown the need to drop a size, not increase it.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Jacket is at least one size too large, no question about that. That hide on the other hand is beautiful.

Fit jacket with 1.5" shorter sleeves would hve been it.

Christ... You sure they haven't sent you a jacket intended for someone else!? This can't be right!

No, it's definitely not your imagination. The original was a size too large! That thing they've sent you is like 3 sizes off, not just one. You look like a small kid wearing his dads leather jacket. It's ridiculous. Send it back asap!

Last edited:

ShocDoc79

New in Town
Absolutely. They are supposed to measure the jacket when it arrives in Seattle to double check before shipping to your home address. The final measurement is in place to prevent an obvious error like this from happening.

Colin G

One Too Many
Guys, just to be clear this thread is just for fit opinions. I am in no way pointing any fingers at anyone or any seller here which is why I did not mention who the vendor is. This thread is about the fit.

I am not trying to name and shame the seller here and quite the opposite.

Please keep that in mind, since I am sure they will help me sort this out asap as mistakes can truly happen with this sort of thing. We have only communicated once so far on the problem.

I just wanted to get some fit opinions with this thread and to maybe confirm what I was already thinking. Plus, we all like to see some leather.

Last edited:

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Christ... You sure they haven't sent you a jacket intended for someone else!? This can't be right!

No, it's definitely not your imagination. The original was a size too large! That thing they've sent you is like 3 sizes off, not just one. You look like a small kid wearing his dads leather jacket in it. It's ridiculous. Send it back asap!
Yeah, this ^. I was gonna say big brothers jacket, but that’s probably more accurate. Inarguably mis sized. I’m sure the vendor will fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24