Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero red steer cafe racer.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hi guys,
I'm just wondering if anyone got one of those Limited edition red steer racers that were offered last year ( I think?) I always secretly fancied one, although I'm not sure how often I would wear it. It had a Beverly Hills Cop/ Michael Jackson/Raw/ delirious quality. I'm very interested in how they age or patina. Does anyone have any ideas or pics?
Cheers.

:arated:

I always wanted to see more of this jacket and seriously considered it at times, but figured I'd get one once my financial situation would allow for it. Which didn't happen. :D

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, it's a bit of a novelty. If I had my staple 3-4 must have jackets already, I would have had a serious look. I don't know how often it would get a start. Certainly high vis on the road for sure! I think the blue racers age really well, not sure about this hide though. I was hoping someone might pop a few pics up of a broken in one...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Yes, the red is a cool color. I think that red one was the first to feature the "rock n' roll" label. But I'd also much prefer a blue one. In fact, I'm contemplating one atm. I'll bet the blue is surprisingly wearable. The red takes a very distinct type of person to pull off. Maybe Hillary...

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
red can only be worn with either black or white pants or grey... I don't see how it looks good with blue jeans unless you wear long black shirt skirting below its hemline to break the red against blue directly.
I don't think it would make into my first 5 jackets, I would pick grey, khaki, and ivory first before going with red.

Edward

Bartender
I wanted a red cafe racer at a time, to mtch the red/white one Brad Pitt wears in one scene in Fight Club. Wouldn't go with any of the rest of my wardrobe these days, though. If I did get one, mind, it would certainly be worn directly on blue denim.

Surferbruce

Familiar Face
I think Aeros cherry hides are pretty sweet looking. BTR in tumbled cherry (don't even know if there is such a thing) would be sweet. Or battered cherry...a guy can wish no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda