Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Steerhide

Status
Not open for further replies.

perrins57

New in Town
Stonesfan said:
Sorry, Aero does not make accurate reproductions, IMO they are an inferior repro company. a waste of money.:(
Man this sort of comment winds me up! What the hell do you mean by accurate? There was such a huge variation between different manufacturers of the original jacket, that defining what an original A-2 looks like is impossible. Unless you are talking about comparing a specific repro of an original contract. But even here there was variation between contracts by one manufacturer and even within the run of a contract (Cablewear jackets made of goat or horse in the same contract). Most original manufacturers varied from the specifications given by the Usaaf (wrong colour, collar stand etc). Aero jackets are made of great leather and get as close (or closer) to the original Usaaf spec for the A-2 as the original manufacturers did. That makes them great repro's in my opinion.

Plumbline

One Too Many
Stonesfan said:
Sorry, Aero does not make accurate reproductions, IMO they are an inferior repro company. a waste of money.:(

They do make damn fine jackets though ...... and from my view quite accurate reproductions (whatever that means as IMHO comparing two original roughwear's of the same contract shows small but significant differences depending on original cutter, machinist, history, stretching etc ........ so I have formed my own opinion that there is no such thing as an "accurate" reproduction only approximation).

I guess though they will always be reproductions ...... like Eastmans, Goodwears and all the others ... and I for one am very happy with them. As for the waste of money bit ........ I guess I'm just a sucker for the money pit that is my 27 and rising collection of leather jackets :) (14 of which are Aeros)

R

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Plumbline said:
I guess though they will always be reproductions ...... like Eastmans, Goodwears and all the others ... and I for one am very happy with them. As for the waste of money bit ........ I guess I'm just a sucker for the money pit that is my 27 and rising collection of leather jackets :) (14 of which are Aeros)
R
Stonesfan seems to have gone somewhere else, where he
can get more of a rise out of the posters. Let's ignore his old
posts.

Instead, I'd love to see some of those 27 jackets!!

ethanedwards

One of the Regulars
feltfan said:
posts.

Yes, yes and yes!

perrins57

New in Town
feltfan said:
posts.

I'd love to have some of those 27 jackets, common man, you can't wear them all!:essen:

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
feltfan said:
posts.
He was one of what I call the "Sorry but..." crowd, battle-scarred collectors (of anything) who take pleasure in deflating youthful enthusiasts.

Glad he got his "Sorry but" outa here.

Stonesfan

Suspended
Fletch said:
He was one of what I call the "Sorry but..." crowd, battle-scarred collectors (of anything) who take pleasure in deflating youthful enthusiasts.

Glad he got his "Sorry but" outa here.

Not gone, just ignoring these type of posts. if you don't like when the truth is spoken then just put me on ignore.:p

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Stonesfan said:
Not gone, just ignoring these type of posts. if you don't like when the truth is spoken then just put me on ignore.:p
If you're a truth guy, let me lay a truth on you: you peed in this thread just for the hell of it.

I won't even go into what I think of your idea of the "real collector." Except to ask: what's a fake collector? One who collects imaginary items?

I myself have built one of the world's most impressive collections of blivets. Of course only the left-hand-threaded duralumin kind really count. Anything else is as worthless as old yogurt tops, and if you're fascinated by such dreck, you probably sell dried boogies to your pals in occupational therapy, then buy 'em back at a substantial loss.
200px-Blivet.svg.png

A blivet.

perrins57

New in Town
Fletch said:
I myself have built one of the world's most impressive collections of blivets. Of course only the left-hand-threaded duralumin kind really count. Anything else is as worthless as old yogurt tops, and if you're fascinated by such dreck, you probably sell dried boogies to your pals in occupational therapy, then buy 'em back at a substantial loss.
Hey - are you dissin my collection of old yogurt tops?:rage:

I Simonius

New in Town
Stonesfan said:

Stonesfan's comments are typical of those people who, unable for whatever reason to actually celebrate their passion or to share it meaningfully, seek instead to alleviate their distress by elevating the status of whatever (collecting) fetish they have adorned themselves with, by denigrating what they see as contenders to their self appointed throne.

It should be self evident that this is not about acquiring 'real' or 'true' reproductions (???!) at all but is simply a vicarious search for approval and self worth. This however is always a self defeating exercise and as can be seen here results in little more than further alienation and deeper entrenchment of convictions built on very soggy ground indeed.

I truly hope Stonesfan can find fulfillment but I sincerely doubt whether it will be here, perhaps though we could make an effort to just help him a little by railing as vehemently as possible at his comments? It would be an act of kindness;)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Clown has been removed - as suggested.

Senicko_Spain said:
Where are the moderators? Please remove this clown.

I feel personally let down in this particular case with this member's unacceptable behaviour,:eek: considering all the time and effort behind the scenes that has been put in.

From this point on, all sudonames of this member have been frozen and he is no longer a member of this establishment that asks only for respectful, civil and self disciplined behaviour between members.

Clowns belong to the circus. TFL is no place for clowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner