Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Stuart - no more!

alladin

Familiar Face
I contacted Aero a few days ago regarding the Stuart jacket. I was told they have stopped making this style!!

Wonder why they've stopped making it. Also not sure if they can make a special order. I will try and find this out.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Insurrection/Thurston Brothers still offers a slim-fit Stuart, although it appears it is available in black only. Not sure if they are just running out existing stock or you can still order it through them. I like the Stuart quite a bit as well and would consider buying one if I could get it in brown instead of black.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Was surprised that they didn't at the time of starting AL up, or even introduce it now, as it the general consensus was that it was one of his.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Given the similarity of a lot of AL designs to Aero's, and general low view taken of that, you'd think Will would've adopted some of the ones he'd produced. [huh]

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
It would take very little tweaking to have a shorter, vertically challenged little brother to stand proudly next to his big brother, the Teamster. IMO the Teamster is a cleaner design than the Stuart. I never did care much for the button breast pocket on the Stuart but am very partial to the bi-swing back design of the teamster that also provides better range of movement. I would not be at all surprised to find a "short" Teamster available from Aero in the near future.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The Stuart has been slimmed down and the pocket structure has been modified. The new fit is that of a 1930s Slimfit Half Belt and the jacket has a single-pointed yoke and is called the "Prince Charles." This new Aero Half Belt is available in any hide and in any available color!

PrinceCharlesfrontBlackFQHH_zps292eda53.jpg

PrinceCharlestagdetailBlackFQHH_zpsa7d74e7f.jpg

PrinceCharlescapercailliesnappocket_zps380f7ac3.jpg

Last edited:

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
So this is the revised short Teamster which is on the sale section of Aero as a pattern jacket.

It looks very nice but a pity about the name though. I assume it's named after Big Ears? Might me named after the other Charlie of 45 I suppose.

Edward

Bartender
So this is the revised short Teamster which is on the sale section of Aero as a pattern jacket.

It looks very nice but a pity about the name though. I assume it's named after Big Ears? Might me named after the other Charlie of 45 I suppose.

In Scotland it is that bit more likely to be Bonnie Prince Charlie - maybe Ken's a Jacobite? Course, BPC was nae mere a Scot than Big Ears Windsor. BPC was an Italian who cared naught for Scotland, only interested in his own claim to the throne.... but that's a whole nother can o' worms....

Edward

Bartender
The most likely explanation, it occurs to me, is that the Prince Charlie name has other resonances within 'traditional' Scottish Highland dress (mostly Anglo-Scottish inventions of the Victorian period of Celtic Revivial, following the lifting of the post-Highland Clearances bar on key elements of Scottish culture, including kilts and bagpipes). The Prince Charlie jacket is now the most formal option of all the jackets specifically cut for wearing with a kilt:

$(KGrHqV,!qkFDkF5UtqbBQ6eMUR+gQ~~48_79.JPG

Not a million, million miles away from a short leather jacket in a Thirties cut that could equally be considered appropriate wear with a kilt - if less formal.

Fingers crossed Aero will be able to put these out in a black version of their fabulous goat hide....

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
In Scotland it is that bit more likely to be Bonnie Prince Charlie - maybe Ken's a Jacobite? Course, BPC was nae mere a Scot than Big Ears Windsor. BPC was an Italian who cared naught for Scotland, only interested in his own claim to the throne.... but that's a whole nother can o' worms....

Apparently he turned up in Scotland with two mistresses and his favourite catamite in tow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner