Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Style Magazine

Gamma68

One Too Many
@willyto, there's no need to shout.
I've explained my position in my previous posts, but I'll spell it out just for you again;
1. It's ecologically unsound.
2. It's pushing knitwear for the Spring/Summer season.
3. It's not 'free'. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Somewhere along the line Aero customers have or will pay for it.
4. It represents the commodification of individuality.

In fact, I'd say it represents the 'end' of whatever hipster led resurgence of artisanal clothing trend has been taking place for the last few years. The 'true' hipsters are way out there cool-hunting and wouldn't be seen dead in anything from a catalog, leaving the scene behind now that it's gone mainstream and is all nicely packaged up so that people can easily buy into it.

And that may not be a bad thing. There will be people who move on to the next trend, and the artisanal retro work-wear/repro industry will have to adjust to new economic realities as that demographic leaves them. Eventually the mainstream will leave for something else instead too.

Sir, it's a catalog/magazine Aero prints only once in every 20 years. If you don't want one, don't get one. If it's that bothersome, I'm not sure why you're even posting in this thread. You've made your points.

I placed an order for one and look forward to receiving it.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I've already discussed all this with Ken. I'm not going to let anyone enter this discussion two weeks after the fact to try and troll me.
I've got nothing else to say on the matter.
I'm sure Ken will be pleased you've bumped the thread. Keep it up.

Gamma68

One Too Many
I have no interest in fostering a debate or argument. I read through the entire thread and didn't look at the post dates. I have no idea who Ken is or what he discussed with you. I just responded to what seemed to be ongoing overreaction to Aero's catalog. Never saw such a negative response to what a company is offering at no up-front cost. I mean, it's free. No one's forcing anyone to request a copy.

In any event, I look forward to receiving and reading my copy. To each his own.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Actually, if it's any help, I've ordered one of their Eton collar tops after reading the magazine (I hadn't noticed they had appeared on the website), so y'know, that's something!

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Their Cairngorms skiing sweater, also not on the website, looks good as well. It would have come in handy back in March.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I really don't see any harm in creating a free in-house magazine gives fans and customers something a bit more than just a bit of blurb next to a small jacket pic on a website. At at the very least it's something people can add to the collection of tote bags, labels, mugs etc that I'm pretty sure they hoard. I'm sure the autumn edition will evolve to something else.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My copy arrived yesterday and I’ll be damned, I’m kinda tempted by some knits now AND it also lead me to a quick Aero site search and I found some really cool Pike Bros Utility shirts I never knew they sold...

b05e9eefec5fa6ae630926986676b42b.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It would be nice if they had an electronic version for download. I love print magazines i just don't like hauling them to the recycle depot...spring cleaning...

Gamma68

One Too Many
It would be nice if they had an electronic version for download. I love print magazines i just don't like hauling them to the recycle depot...spring cleaning...

I'm surprised they don't offer anything but a downloadable PDF. Saves on printing and mailing costs. I suppose it's made up for in the jacket pricing. Still, looking forward to receiving my print copy.

Edward

Bartender
Looks cool. I've really taken to jonesing for that jacket on the cover. I'm seeing it over a V-neck fairlisle sweater, collar and tie, and maybe a pair of serge WW2 era despatch rider's johdpurs and boots....

Bennarion

One Too Many
dubpynchon,i have a postcard in the package with the magazine. I don’t know what it is connected with, but a postcard was not put to many.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ