Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Thunder Bay Sheepskin - Does it bat wing?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes. It does indeed help.
I was wearing that particular jeans to create a color contrast so you guys can better see where the jacket ends.

I see. Well, the jacket is fine as original vintage pattern. I suppose it is a heavy winter jacket so you will wear layers of thick clothings inside. Well bet that gives you an excuse to order a tighter fitting lighter jacket to go with your jeans then.

el_gato

Familiar Face
I see. Well, the jacket is fine as original vintage pattern. I suppose it is a heavy winter jacket so you will wear layers of thick clothings inside. Well bet that gives you an excuse to order a tighter fitting lighter jacket to go with your jeans then.

All my other leather jackets are skin tight - This one is the first one with a loose fit. Might have contributed to my doubts - Not being used to it.

pawineguy

One Too Many
All my other leather jackets are skin tight - This one is the first one with a loose fit. Might have contributed to my doubts - Not being used to it.

It works both ways, I had trouble adjusting to my first "tight" jackets. With stiff leathers, it really does take a little bit of wearing to mold to your body and for the jacket to then become "yours." I think it's a great looking jacket and hope you wear it for many years in good health.

Edward

Bartender

And this, gentlemen, is what we call an enabler. ;) Srsly, though, you know you've one of us when you start looking for excuses to buy more jackets - "This one has a different backseam / is a different hide / different colour / Summer weight...." :lol:

Blackadder

And this, gentlemen, is what we call an enabler. ;) Srsly, though, you know you've one of us when you start looking for excuses to buy more jackets - "This one has a different backseam / is a different hide / different colour / Summer weight...." :lol:

I have always thought that excuses are for the missus as we the incurably addicted never have the need for those.:D

Edward

Bartender
I have always thought that excuses are for the missus as we the incurably addicted never have the need for those.:D

Have you ever tried to explain "Yes, I only need six more, because these are different hides and colours, and look, this one has a different pattern cut....." To be fair, I've never had anything other than "It's your money", but the heresy that one leather jacket is much the same as the other has often hung in the air..... ;)

Funny and true because right now I feel that I simply cannot live without Schott 641xx. Which is exactly the same as my Aero CR. And yet, I must have it - even though I'd probably had to look at the tags to tell them apart. :D

IXL

One Too Many
My wife: "Don't you already have a revolver?"
Me: "But honey, the cylinder turns the other direction on this one!"

And Monitor, I can assure you, sir, you absolutely do have a need for the Schott 641xx. (There. My work here is done....)

Edward

Bartender
Funny and true because right now I feel that I simply cannot live without Schott 641xx. Which is exactly the same as my Aero CR. And yet, I must have it - even though I'd probably had to look at the tags to tell them apart. :D

Ah, but it's a Schott, not an Aero. And the hide is different, and will age differently. Plus it's that bit cheaper than an Aero, which leaves you a fair chunk of change that you can put towards your next Aero.....

:p

This is starting to sound awfully like me when I decided to buy that 618....

Ah, but it's a Schott, not an Aero. And the hide is different, and will age differently. Plus it's that bit cheaper than an Aero, which leaves you a fair chunk of change that you can put towards your next Aero.....

Edward, you're not helping me here at all :D All perfectly valid points, especially the fair chunk of change part! It actually makes some kind of sense.

And yes, guns... lol @ the revolver cylinder turning the other way. Same as me trying to justify another C96. :D

el_gato

Familiar Face
Do you guys know the relief and sense of accomplishment for having marked a jacket off of the wanted list? And how it sometimes prevails over the actual joy of wearing the new jacket? Must be serious addiction... Yikes :D

ProteinNerd

I hear you el gato. Even weirder is the feeling when you get a new jacket and for the first time in about 4-5 years you start thinking "I don't really need any more jackets"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farmerboy