Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Type III

Colin G

One Too Many
I recently bought an Aero Type III thru Thurston Bros. (I should really do a write up on it.) I ordered it in the Vicenza Blackened brown. Definitely a boxy fit. After the fit jacket, and measurements, when I took delivery, it was still too loose and too long. IMHO a Type III should fit tight and short. I ended up shrinking it down with the HWT. Here's a pic. BTW- according to Thurston Bros. the Vicenza is just as thick and the same weight as the regular FQHH.

I had samples and the Vicenza was thinner than FQHH and definitely thinner than steer.

I kind of assumed these Type III's had a boxy fit buy doing some internet image searches. I may now have to re-evaluate my want for the Type III.

technovox

One Too Many
I wonder if it would hurt to do that with Jerky HH. That leather is stiff & tough. I think I'd have to wear it for 2 years regularly to get it somewhere.
Unless you want to shrink the jacket, I would strongly advise against doing the HWT to your Jerky HH. HWT made the Vicenza on my jacket very stiff and dry (or at least putting it in the dryer.) I had to apply several coats of Lexol to get it back to near supple again. However, the HWT did age the leather considerably.

Unless you want to shrink the jacket, I would strongly advise against doing the HWT to your Jerky HH. HWT made the Vicenza on my jacket very stiff and dry (or at least putting it in the dryer.) I had to apply several coats of Lexol to get it back to near supple again. However, the HWT did age the leather considerably.

Both are veg tanned, I believe so Jerky would probably react the same. Well, I think I won't do it for now. I'll wear that jacket in any case. This time I mean it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR