Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Type III

Colin G

One Too Many
Good day, all. Since selling my Lost Worlds, leather jean jacket to AbbaDatDeHat, I need to fill the void and get one that actually fits.

I am looking at an Aero Type III in FQHH, since the vicenza is too thin for my liking. I am thinking in midnight blue.

I am pretty sure I'll need a 38 with a shortened sleeve.

Does anyone here own one and can comment on fit? Are they a boxy fit or a slim fit?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
You might want to think about tumbled hh, though I think anything above a mid weight leather would really suit this design. Goat would be hard wearing and tough alternative.

Colin G

One Too Many
I am not overly fond of any of the colours or the look of the tumbled horse hide, unfortunately.

I don't mind the brown FQHH although every time I see an image of it, the colour looks different. I see pics where it looks dark brown and a test jacket I received from Thurston Bros was more of a medium brown, which is what I would prefer.

I would like to get a Thedi in a dark brown so I want this Aero Type III to be lighter.

Last edited:

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
My Aero type III is FQHH, I didnt customize this one ( Trainee made from sales pages )
Im happy with the fit, maybe an inch could be shaved off the shoulder to waist drop..

0696c179-5724-4c3c-8b7a-66a98c338ed6-jpeg.140540

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
012D28F5-78BD-4E72-B698-B8C51BCC16E2.jpeg
354E5331-0C43-4B07-B1A1-DA3FB84A810C.jpeg
Hey Colin:
I was waiting for one of these to come back around....until i saw your LW.
Thanks man.
Good luck hunting.
B

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Good day, all. Since selling my Lost Worlds, leather jean jacket to AbbaDatDeHat, I need to fill the void and get one that actually fits.

I am looking at an Aero Type III in FQHH, since the vicenza is too thin for my liking. I am thinking in midnight blue.

I am pretty sure I'll need a 38 with a shortened sleeve.

Does anyone here own one and can comment on fit? Are they a boxy fit or a slim fit?

Hey Colin:

Are you aware of the Midnight Blue that Lost Worlds uses? No thin Italian horsehide there. Check out the J-23 in the dark blue horse on his website.

Colin G

One Too Many
Hey Colin:

Are you aware of the Midnight Blue that Lost Worlds uses? No thin Italian horsehide there. Check out the J-23 in the dark blue horse on his website.

I had a Lost Worlds but I am not buying another one. The collar points on the Lost World were a bit too long for my tastes, so I am going with an Aero.

I am not %100 set on blue anyway. I like the navy Vicenza but it is too thin. Would be nice if Aero had more colours in the FQHH.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Colin, Midnight blue is really nice, a bit hard to tell from black in many shades of light. However may be worth a try in black CXL Steerhide, which softens up really nicely when warmed, gains character quickly, and is just a very nice leather option. I have CXL FQHH and Steer and honestly prefer Steer most times.

As for the trucker style, I've never had one, really not as interested in a button up jacket. But should be a great choice :)

Colin G

One Too Many
Colin, Midnight blue is really nice, a bit hard to tell from black in many shades of light. However may be worth a try in black CXL Steerhide, which softens up really nicely when warmed, gains character quickly, and is just a very nice leather option. I have CXL FQHH and Steer and honestly prefer Steer most times.

As for the trucker style, I've never had one, really not as interested in a button up jacket. But should be a great choice :)

Thanks. I have a half belt coming in steer so figured I'd try horse on this one but to be honest, it makes no difference really. I just need to find colour I like. A Honey tan colour in steer or FQHH would be perfect but they don't offer that.

technovox

One Too Many
I recently bought an Aero Type III thru Thurston Bros. (I should really do a write up on it.) I ordered it in the Vicenza Blackened brown. Definitely a boxy fit. After the fit jacket, and measurements, when I took delivery, it was still too loose and too long. IMHO a Type III should fit tight and short. I ended up shrinking it down with the HWT. Here's a pic. BTW- according to Thurston Bros. the Vicenza is just as thick and the same weight as the regular FQHH.

type3Origselfie.JPG

I recently bought an Aero Type III thru Thurston Bros. (I should really do a write up on it.) I ordered it in the Vicenza Blackened brown. Definitely a boxy fit. After the fit jacket, and measurements, when I took delivery, it was still too loose and too long. IMHO a Type III should fit tight and short. I ended up shrinking it down with the HWT. Here's a pic. BTW- according to Thurston Bros. the Vicenza is just as thick and the same weight as the regular FQHH.

View attachment 141739

Again and again, that jacket is just... Wow! Agreed about how these should fit.

How did you go about shrinking it, though? Bathtub? Washing machine?

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Steer is nicer in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner