Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Airborne Leather

dostacos

Practically Family
I don't have any first hand knowledge, however they only have 2 jackets and under $100 I would not expect too much from them.

They seem to have a brick and mortar address, but that might just be a mail boxes ETC. company. New York and New Jersey have a serious problem with Camera stores doing bait and switch etc. Maybe a local can tell us if they have a real location. They sure don't have a lot to sell right now and the prices seem very low.

Dan[huh]

dostacos

Practically Family
if you can google map the address, you will see a couple of LARGE businesses and close by what looks like single family homes. They are near an airport so it is possible that it is a fixed base operator expanding his business.

I would be concerned mainly because of the costs

Dan

Estevan

One of the Regulars
No, but....

It looks like the fellow in the photo is wearing a trash bag instead of a flight jacket. Either the fit is all off or as I am suspecting this is another lame attempt to copy an A-2. Listen, you'll get what you pay for (in most cases) and that's what it appears like here. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think you'll be happy with this jacket. [huh]

kevinblack

New in Town
Dan,

Supersleuth, would never have thought to do that............

Steve,

Not the bearer of bad news, these guys advertise in Flying Magazine which I subscribe to. I know you (usually) get what you pay for, occassionally you get suprised. You guys are the experts so well worth running it past you all.

I've learned more about A-2s in the last couple of weeks, I thought they were just leather jackets with a collar, zip and a couple of patch pockets - whoa...................... how nieve..............

Thanks,
Kevin

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Their price may be low, but their jackets are fine.

My parents got me one of their A-2's about 5 years ago. Other than the baggy fit it's a nice jacket. Not an authentic A-2, mind you, but a nice jacket nonetheless. Definitely not the jacket you're looking for if you want an authentic replica.
Good quality leather and good construction. Mine has kept me warm on many cold days and went through some hairy situations like a champ. Just be aware that they are baggy.

James Miller

One of the Regulars
I have two of them The first one I ordered has a nice cut but the leather is a little thin and it is not a one piece back. The lining is pretty good. The second one I ordered was not as nice It has too much stuffing so it looks like a ski jacket. for the price you cant ask for much more. It would be a good starter jacket for the money.

kevinblack

New in Town
Thanks again. Out of interest tried to e-mail them. E-mail address has permanent failures. If I try from their website I get some safe shopping page.... Bit of a worry.

Kevin

James Miller

One of the Regulars
Airborne leather Web page

I just got an Email about 5 days ago from them and they stated during the summer They spend time in Florida. They should be back up north soon and ready to take orders. The email I just recevied said last chance this season to get the jacket for 98.00 because they will be going up in price during the colder months.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
ROFLMAO

They spend time in Florida. They should be back up north soon and ready to take orders. The email I just recevied said last chance this season to get the jacket for 98.00 because they will be going up in price during the colder months.

Now, if that ain't a "crack outfit" I don't know what is. :whistling

By all means, "last chance" better get one at these low, low prices....:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt