Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Bogart in Carbon Grey review

DavidP

New in Town
I know this is true because when I wear the Bogart there is no space at my temples and the hat fits snugly all around. With the stylemaster there is about half an inch gap on either side.

I've been wondering about those side gaps, having recently tried on a friend's Akubra (slightly different style, though in my size, 57).

Do you manage to 'fill' those gaps with hat inserts of any sort, or do you think that they'd eventually disappear (without using any fillers) the more the hat is worn and naturally shapes/shrinks to match the head?

Thanks

(Fab. review, btw - particularly well timed, as I'm poised to order a Bogart and a Stylemaster online (Australia > UK), just dithering a bit on getting the sizing right first time, to avoid costly overseas returns).

GLB Pro

New in Town
I've been wondering about those side gaps, having recently tried on a friend's Akubra (slightly different style, though in my size, 57).

Do you manage to 'fill' those gaps with hat inserts of any sort, or do you think that they'd eventually disappear (without using any fillers) the more the hat is worn and naturally shapes/shrinks to match the head?

Thanks

(Fab. review, btw - particularly well timed, as I'm poised to order a Bogart and a Stylemaster online (Australia > UK), just dithering a bit on getting the sizing right first time, to avoid costly overseas returns).

You're welcome, glad you found the review helpful!

No I just leave the gaps - they're very helpful for ventilation actually, especially with a lined hat.

Yes getting the sizing right is really important - if in doubt go up a size, even if you are right on a size go up to the next one. And remember that these production hats will never fit perfectly right out of the box but after you wear them for several hours they break in very nicely.

Bruno

Pellie

One Too Many
I pimped my Akubra Bogart (and my Stylemaster) with another hatband. The Stylemaster is now a little 'distressed' :)
IMG_20190731_152246.jpg
IMG_20190731_152251.jpg
IMG_20190731_152303.jpg
IMG_20190731_152317.jpg
IMG_20190731_152342.jpg
IMG_20190731_152355.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui