Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

shodan

New in Town
I really like the Campdraft except for one thing; the height of the crown. I would like for the crown to be "shorter". Is this possible to do with the bashing or would you recommend a diffferent Akubra?

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
I did my new Camp Draft last night as well. I decided on a teardrop for the crease since I did a diamond for my FED IV. I wore it to church this morning, but I am not yet sure it is a "suit hat". Looks a bit too casual maybe???

CampDraftII003.jpg

Au contraire mon ami...the hat looks splendide!

kaosharper1

One Too Many
shodan said:
I really like the Campdraft except for one thing; the height of the crown. I would like for the crown to be "shorter". Is this possible to do with the bashing or would you recommend a diffferent Akubra?

Give it a diamond or c-crown.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Moon Juice

Just headed outside with old fours legs after a quick poker match and noticed the nice moon so I snapped off a few and caught one that'll work.

Poker went well tonight. I think I've found an edge. See, the dog's been cheeting. She's been shiff'n my hand. The cat - he's pretty tame and doesn't have much balls for poker - Hmmm.... now that I think of it he doesn't have balls for anything.

So tonight before I delt the first hand, becouse I always deal the first hand, I gave the dog a good lick of this stuff

2176-5X7-300GI.jpg

and that seemed to help a lot. She still sniffs my hand but can't smell my cards.

hpim06331.jpg

jpbales

Practically Family
look what you guys have done-

now you got me wanting to get a campdraft!:eusa_doh: My girlfriend will kill me if I get one before getting her a ring ;)

jpbales said:
now you got me wanting to get a campdraft!:eusa_doh: My girlfriend will kill me if I get one before getting her a ring ;)
Do what I did. I got my wife to get me an antique pocket watch as an engagement gift when I got her an engagement ring. She said she had never heard of such a tradition & I said I started it. So I see you getting a Campdraft from her & her getting that ring. I've got a silver belly 61cm Campdraft Long Oval waiting on me to pickup at the Alpharetta Post Office that I could make her a good deal on...:)

jpbales

Practically Family
gtdean48 said:
Do what I did. I got my wife to get me an antique pocket watch as an engagement gift when I got her an engagement ring. She said she had never heard of such a tradition & I said I started it. So I see you getting a Campdraft from her & her getting that ring. I've got a silver belly 61cm Campdraft Long Oval waiting on me to pickup at the Alpharetta Post Office that I could make her a good deal on...:)

Great idea! I'll just say it's a tradition.

do they normally make Akubras in Long Oval sizes? If so, what retailer sells them? Thanks!

jpbales

Practically Family
BobC said:
Campdrafts are a lot cheaper than rings, JP. ;)

I know, that's why it hurts so bad :(
We went to a hat store yesterday (or a store that happened to have hats, some that were left over from the Wormser store which closed down in Chattanooga) and it was the first time I have been to a hat store. They had one Wormser hat that looked very similar to the campdraft and she actually said she liked it (which she doesn't happen often about most fedora-style hats). The hat was too big on me, and after closer inspection I found that the felt while thin sort of like a vintage hat, but was stiff like a modern, and the ribbon binding was poorly sewn on and there were strings hanging out and frayed spots. I told her that I could get a better one from Akubra for even cheaper!

jpbales said:
Great idea! I'll just say it's a tradition.

do they normally make Akubras in Long Oval sizes? If so, what retailer sells them? Thanks!
I emailed Sam at Everything Australian & he said he can order them that way or since I didn't know to do so, he could block it once he got it to Long Oval.

I posted it in one of these many threads...

jpbales

Practically Family
gtdean48 said:
I emailed Sam at Everything Australian & he said he can order them that way or since I didn't know to do so, he could block it once he got it to Long Oval.

I posted it in one of these many threads...

awesome! I'll be sure to get my Campdraft in a long oval whenever enough time has passed to make me feel less guilty about buying it.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
jpbales said:
awesome! I'll be sure to get my Campdraft in a long oval whenever enough time has passed to make me feel less guilty about buying it.

:eek:fftopic:

Good men are good because they have a sense or moral restraint. Great men are great because they exhibit a sense of gracious restraint.

You will know when you are ready. How about tomorrow! :D

Carry on........

Spats McGee

One Too Many
FYI

From an email that I got from Sam at Everything Australian today:
I have organized with Akubra to have a special run of Campdraft hats in the
colour bluegrass green. I have ordered 50 hats and they will be available in
approximately 3 months. I will shortly update my website to again include
the colour bluegrass green. Please pass this message on to anyone who you
think might be interested. Thank you very much for your support.

I'll post this in several threads, because I suspect that it is of some interest to my fellow Lounge members.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy