Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Thanks RBH!

CRH, I think it's pretty close to actual color. Check out Mr. Paladin's photos on page 15. They appear pretty accurate color wise. It's all subjective, but I love the color.

carldelo

One Too Many
Chuck Bobuck said:
We're enablers for sure. :D The CD is a great deal if you like the Open Road style.

Oh, holy cow, I just realized the Camp Draft and I have the same initials. I guess I'll have to get one now, even though I think it might be too tall and too wide. Now that I think of it, I have been yearning for a silver belly, OR-style hat, every engineer should have one, I can put a deep teardrop in it, etc, etc......

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chuck Bobuck said:
IMG_3455-1.jpg

IMG_3462-1-1-2.jpg

Looks good Chuck. That is a really nice crease job, "wrinkles" and all! :eusa_clap

CRH

Call Me a Cab
carldelo said:
Oh, holy cow, I just realized the Camp Draft and I have the same initials. I guess I'll have to get one now, even though I think it might be too tall and too wide. Now that I think of it, I have been yearning for a silver belly, OR-style hat, every engineer should have one, I can put a deep teardrop in it, etc, etc......

Yah, give a deep center crease or teardrop variation - might even throw some wrinkles into the tail. That will give it some taper and won't look so wide from the front and rear.

Do you have a ladder? You'll need some way to get out of that deep crease...echo...echo.....echo.... :D.

carldelo

One Too Many
CRH said:
Yah, give a deep center crease or teardrop variation - might even throw some wrinkles into the tail. That will give it some taper and won't look so wide from the front and rear.

Do you have a ladder? You'll need some way to get out of that deep crease...echo...echo.....echo.... :D.

Isn't that how Lauren Bacall got her sexy-raspy voice?
I hear she got lost in John Huston's OR crease and had to holler until she was hoarse to get rescued from way down there.... ;)

ofrrd4.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
carldelo said:
Isn't that how Lauren Bacall got her sexy-raspy voice?
I hear she got lost in John Huston's OR crease and had to holler until she was hoarse to get rescued from way down there.... ;)

ofrrd4.jpg

lol lol lol

But what's really cool is that hat. That's the first frumple I gave my Squatter! What a classic!

RBH

Bartender
carldelo said:
You will love that hat when you get it! :D

portolan

A-List Customer
Here is my Campdraft at the entrance to the

secret temple guarded by the eternal torch....I am trying to teach myself how to bash these. I think the Campdraft is just about my favorite hat!

phil2.jpg

Phil

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
portolan said:
secret temple guarded by the eternal torch....I am trying to teach myself how to bash these. I think the Campdraft is just about my favorite hat!

phil2.jpg

Phil

That looks really fine on you, Phil. How did you do the crease?

May I suggest the glen gray for you as well?

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Akubra Man said:
I placed my order with Hatsdirect for a Silverbelly Campdraft ... I am soon to be a proud owner.

Good job, A. Man. I definitely have a SBCD in my sights. The classic O.R. style just looks good on everybody and goes with everything a man can pull, hang or drape on. You can't miss.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
portolan said:

Still learning how to "get your frumple on" are you, portolan? Aren't we all. We see a lot of young creases, that have not been lived in very long, here on the lounge and yours looks great :eusa_clap.

I remember reading some time ago an interview with Eric Clapton where he was asked about what he still wanted to achieve in his career. He humbly stated that he very much wanted to "learn how to play the guitar." Don't we all.

Those of us who were raised well have a tendency to be nice to the things we lay claim too as our own - it's bad manners to destroy your toys right off the bat ;).

Good blues and good rock and good rock'n blues takes a firm hand as does a good crease.

I've been lately grabbing my newer hats, as if they were old hats, by the front pinch :eek: and plonking them on my head. Looks crooked? - who cares so is my nose. Holding your hat in your hand during a conversation? - give the brim a squeeze and tap it against your thigh. Hat get soaked in a storm? - take the opportunity to give it a good massage.

We develop our human character over time by living and so do our hats.

Cheers, portolan, :cheers1: Cheers, Gentlemen, :cheers1:

carter

I'll Lock Up
portolan said:

phil2.jpg

Phil
Phil, That is a great picture. I think the Campdraft looks the best on you of any hat to date. Good job on that crease!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Thank you for the info!

I put my order in already :) I just wish they have it in stock already, else it would take ages as the begin to make the hats in Akubra.

I hate when firms put info on their pages in advance, even when when it says after three months :)

Michael Bonner

New in Town
Two Campdrafts..

Today I received two Campdrafts I ordered from EA some 4 months ago. Mid Brown and Fawn, size 63 Long Oval. Took a bit longer than the 3 months, possibly because of the Long Oval, perhaps because of the Australian vacation; but, these hats are truly a fantastic bargain. The mid-brown is an especially nice color, very rich and deep brown, but not "chocolate". Workmanship on the hats is flawless. The dimensions are just about exactly the same as my friends Stetson Open Road, but the quality of materials and workmanship is clearly better, and the price at half or a third of the Stetson. What a super bargain!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points