Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

CRH

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
[bad] .. shakeshead

Now why did you have to go and call the Police, Mr. Blaine? :eusa_doh:

That's not so bad, Mr. Carter, gett'n away with just a finger wag. At least you didn't actually put the lid on and see what it looked like in the mirror - I mean you wouldn't commit such an act - would you?.... nahhh....;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:

That's not so bad, Mr. Carter, gett'n away with just a finger wag. At least you didn't actually put the lid on and see what it looked like in the mirror - I mean you wouldn't commit such an act - would you?.... nahhh....;)
I would and did. Yeahhhh. ;) :)

CRH said:

Deputy Swoopy here reported this scondrel to the Sargeant of the Thin Ribbon Division, Crease Police, the Honorable RBH...can't believe he only gave a finger wag! May need to alert Internal Affairs....:rolleyes:

RBH

Bartender
gtdean48 said:
Deputy Swoopy here reported this scondrel to the Sargeant of the Thin Ribbon Division, Crease Police, the Honorable RBH...can't believe he only gave a finger wag! May need to alert Internal Affairs....:rolleyes:
Dep. Swoopy.. do not question my thin ribbon integrity. I am awaiting instructions from The Director about the WIDE RIBBON MATTER!

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
carldelo said:
Have to agree with you there - so what is a Campdraft with a big wide ribbon? That's pretty much what the Stetson Nostalgia was supposed to look like, wasn't it? I think you could call it the Akubra Nostalgia....
Cool...you're selling me on this idea! But I haven't gotten the darn thing in yet (it won't be in stock until late April), so I may be jumping the gun. Wore my thin ribbon gray Adam today and loved it; I may stick with the thin ribbon CD. But I do like the idea of a fedora as light as the Silverbelly with a darker ribbon...

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
gtdean48 said:
Sacrilege! I'm telling Rusty & boy are you going to get it....:eek: ;) :D lol
Whoa, look what I started. Sorry, Carter!! :eek: But thanks for the visual above. As I said, I'll just sit tight and wait for the Campdraft to arrive. By then, I may have the wide ribbon madness out o' my system.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
jazzncocktails said:
Cool...you're selling me on this idea! But I haven't gotten the darn thing in yet (it won't be in stock until late April), so I may be jumping the gun. Wore my thin ribbon gray Adam today and loved it; I may stick with the thin ribbon CD. But I do like the idea of a fedora as light as the Silverbelly with a darker ribbon...

You started this rukus, jazz, don't stick your tail between your legs now! Keep this bandwagon mov'n!

bandwagon.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The OR came out in 1937 with the typical wide ribbon of that era - ie, not a "classic" OR at all.

Then again, many things were different then. Much of what we today consider classic masculine style and iconography originated in, or was redefined after, WW2. Society's classic man is the postwar man. That's who wears the thin ribbon.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Fletch said:
The OR came out in 1937 with the typical wide ribbon of that era - ie, not a "classic" OR at all.

Wow! I think I've seen that style on TCM. I just never realized that it could have been an Open Road.

We need pics of these babies!

jpbales

Practically Family
I'm giving up...

I ordered a Taupe Fawn Campdraft from HatsDirect several weeks ago and I've been keeping it to myself, but I can't hold it in any more! :eusa_doh: They said it would be in stock in 10 days and they would e-mail me when they have it/ship it out... and that was on March 15th. Hopefully they will have it soon.

Anyway, I have a question about the felt. Is it similar to the "Imperial Quality" of the Fed standard or the "Heritage Quality" of the deluxe, or neither? I was just wondering about the weight of the felt since summer is around the corner. I'm also curious about the sweatband as well, if it's the same as the Fed standard one or if it's the same as the deluxe one. Thanks!

edit: I found out about the felt quality: imperial quality. I'm still wondering about the sweat though, although I have a feeling it's the same as the Fed. Standard's.

JP, I have 3 other Imperial quality Akubras & the Campdraft is comparable to 2 of them, my Dallas (Snowy River with a different crease) & my Kiandra. My older Riverina has been thru so many hunting trips, it is not fair to compare. Sweatband is same as my Kiandra HTH

billyspew

One Too Many
Ordered my Campdraft in Taupe Fawn last Wednesday, from Everything Australian and they luckily had it in my size. It arrived yesterday (well I wasn't in so I had to pick up from the post office this morning) and wore it today.
This is my first Akubra and I have to say I am very impressed, felt feels great and I was able to dry bash and wear within seconds. I might now order one in a grey, but might wait to see what the Bluegrass Green looks like first.

Pic in the What Hat Are You Wearing Today? thread.

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot