Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I received my mid brown Campdraft from EA today, and it's going back. It's too big, and the button on the wind string is broken.

I saw a color listed as sky gray on the hats4u.com site that Billy mentioned. I e-mailed them to ask for more info on that color and a picture of it if they could send me one.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
twilson66 said:
also posted this in new hats thread:

silverbellycampdraft004.jpg

.../QUOTE]

TW, you nailed a sweet spot on the crown of your Campdraft - no taper in or out that I can see :cool2:.

Well done :eusa_clap.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
BobC said:
I received my mid brown Campdraft from EA today, and it's going back. It's too big, and the button on the wind string is broken.

I saw a color listed as sky gray on the hats4u.com site that Billy mentioned. I e-mailed them to ask for more info on that color and a picture of it if they could send me one.
Sorry to hear about the damage, Bob--but at least that's a good reason to send it back and request a smaller size (or a new lid altogether).

jpbales

Practically Family
more Campdraft pics...

I bashed and broke-in my new Taupe Fawn Campdraft the other day. I love this hat already! It already feels like it's been mine for a long time. (thanks to an over-nighter on my hat-sizing block). It's already softening up too. I absolutely LOVE the color! An outstanding hat, and I recommend it to anyone!

I put a teardrop in it with a "tugboat" style pinch:
SideAngle-1.jpg

Side-1.jpg

Front-1.jpg

here it is on my noggin:
campdraftportrait2.jpg

pure awesomeness!

RBH

Bartender
jpbales said:
I bashed and broke-in my new Taupe Fawn Campdraft the other day. I love this hat already! It already feels like it's been mine for a long time. (thanks to an over-nighter on my hat-sizing block). It's already softening up too. I absolutely LOVE the color! An outstanding hat, and I recommend it to anyone!

SideAngle-1.jpg

Side-1.jpg

Front-1.jpg

here it is on my noggin:
campdraftportrait2.jpg

pure awesomeness!
Looks great!
Lets see the crease a little better, you did a fantastic job on it. :eusa_clap

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
jpbales said:

Looks fantastic, JP! I'm really digging the color of the brim binding and the ribbon on that fawn lid...and great bash!

Mr. Paladin

BobC said:

Sorry to hear it Bob. I do not seem to hear too much of this sort of thing from anyone except EA. Between that and their long delivery times, I'm not ordering anything from them any time soon.

BobC

Mr. Paladin said:
Sorry to hear it Bob. I do not seem to hear too much of this sort of thing from anyone except EA. Between that and their long delivery times, I'm not ordering anything from them any time soon.

This is the first bad experience I've had with them. I've ordered several hats from them over the last year and a half or so and have had no trouble. But of late, I have read several complaints here on the lounge. When I e-mailed them about the problems with this hat, I received a response from Jason rather than Sam. Perhaps a changing of the guard is occurring there, which in my passed experience has almost always signaled a decrease in quality and service.

The e-mail response I received indicated that they normally don't accept exchanges on special order Akubra products (which almost all of their Akubra products are special order) but in this case since I have been a good customer to them, they will make an exception. Jason offered to exchange the hat with an additiional shipping charge but did not offer to refund my money. That, of course, means another three month wait for another hat and charges for me to return this hat and charges for a replacement to be sent.

The long and short of it is, I am likely not to order from them again. Hatdirect's prices are higher and their shipping charges considerably more, but their service is head and shoulders above what I am seeing and hearing of late from EA.

jpbales

Practically Family
thanks!

very much for all of the compliments! Per request, here's some more pictures:

teardrop:
top.jpg

sideangletop.jpg

fronttop.jpg

too bad about your hat, Bob :mad: I haven't had any troubles with hatsdirect, and I haven't had to wait three months either.

Spats McGee: haha you probably are going to have to get one ;)

BobC

jpbales said:
very much for all of the compliments! Per request, here's some more pictures:

teardrop:
top.jpg

too bad about your hat, Bob :mad: I haven't had any troubles with hatsdirect, and I haven't had to wait three months either.

Thanks, JP, a good looking teardrop too.

I've never had any trouble with Hatsdirect either. We ordered a silverbelly Campdraft from EA for my wife a few days ago. I just e-mailed them to cancel that order, and we'll be ordering her hat from Hatsdirect as well. It's just too much trouble to have a problem when ordering from the other side of the earth. I boxed this hat up and have it ready to send back. I wonder how much it'll cost me to ship it back to EA?

EA update

I got a message from Jason at EA about my forlorn Mid-Brown Campdraft. He checked to see if would be Long Oval for me & Akubra said it was. They said he could expect to have it in the next week or so. I had asked about upgrading my shipping but got no acknowledgement from Jason about doing so. I would have less issue if my funds had not been taken back in December but were only taken when the hat ships out ala Hats Direct. I guess I did get a good exchange rate then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner