Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
jpbales said:
fronttop.jpg

jp -- great job on the teardrop crease! That lid looks great on you. Well done! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gtdean48 said:
Ouch! If it had been a 59, I would've made an offer on it since my brother doesn't care for lapel cords on his lids. Best of luck.

It might have worked for him. It fit me more like a 59. There was enough room on the sides to fit my fingers between my head and the sweat. I would have been glad to send it to you for him to try.

Mr. Paladin

BobC said:
Hatdirect's prices are higher and their shipping charges considerably more, but their service is head and shoulders above what I am seeing and hearing of late from EA.

I have only ordered from HD myself, and though I have noted the higher prices and shipping, their customer service and very prompt delivery makes it a more than worthwhile trade-off to me. Thanks for letting us know about this sort of issue.

BobC said:
It might have worked for him. It fit me more like a 59. There was enough room on the sides to fit my fingers between my head and the sweat. I would have been glad to send it to you for him to try.
He's a 7 3/8 Long Oval, sounds like there may have been some room to go LO.
Thanks for the thought.

BobC

gtdean48 said:
He's a 7 3/8 Long Oval, sounds like there may have been some room to go LO.
Thanks for the thought.

I'm sure of that. I'll keep you in mind for 3 months from now when they send a replacement.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Spats McGee said:
You're right. That IS pure awesomeness! Clearly, I'm going to have to get a Campdraft one of these days.

Clearly... and I clearly need a Campdraft in silverbelly. I've been studying Harry Truman's mastery of the Open Road just for the occasion.

My parents live a skip and a hop from Independence, MO where lives the Truman Museum. I need to get back and visit again - my folks, I mean ;).

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
CRH said:
Clearly... and I clearly need a Campdraft in silverbelly. I've been studying Harry Truman's mastery of the Open Road just for the occasion.

My parents live a skip and a hop from Independence, MO where lives the Truman Museum. I need to get back and visit again - my folks, I mean ;).

Hidy-ho CRH. :) I've filled up my designated hat wall or I'd get one also. I've admire the Silverbelly Campdraft, but opted for the Tawny, then the Glen Gray, which is my favorirte hat. I thought the sb might show too many dirty marks over time.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Chuck Bobuck said:
... I thought the sb might show too many dirty marks over time.

That would be about the only downside that I can see. I believe silverbelly does develop a patina over time.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Patina, character, blank canvas??? Great!!! Now I'm going to have to get one sometime in the not so distant future. Expect a pm from my wife...enablers! :D

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
I got a silver belly from HD a little while back. Feels great as Akubra's will but found the color to be a wee bit dusky compared to the OR belly. Is this normal or did they send me something different? Still a great hat and great color.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
St.Ignatz said:
I got a silver belly from HD a little while back. Feels great as Akubra's will but found the color to be a wee bit dusky compared to the OR belly. Is this normal or did they send me something different? Still a great hat and great color.

My understanding is that the Akubra silver belly leans towards the tan end of the silver belly spectrum.

Hey, Chuck, this is no place for someone trying to practice discipline!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner