Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

RBH

Bartender
Naltak said:
Well, my mid-brown Campdraft came yesterday and I love it. I think I have it pretty much like I want it. I styled it last night and wore it a little while this afternoon. Here are a couple of pics. Think I did ok?

CampDraft.jpg

CampDraft2.jpg
Very nice!
Looks great on you!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
Whew, if I lay low til September I can jump a ship and get to Nassau. :eek:

An oreanna? I never met a teardrop I didn't like, but an oreanna?

Uh huh...

There_Will_Be_Blood_04.jpg

But I wouldn't dare suggest that you leave the brim turned up. The Crease Police would surely follow you to Nassau.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:
Just keep concentrating on that Orean(n?)a.

OK, CRH has a point -- Oreana is only spelled with one "n."

Indycop and gtd -- bring him in for questioning. Maybe he'll be able to enlighten us with some more fancy book-learnin' at the station... [bad]

:D

Cheers,
JtL

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
OK, CRH has a point -- Oreana is only spelled with one "n."

Indycop and gtd -- bring him in for questioning. Maybe he'll be able to enlighten us with some more fancy book-learnin' at the station... [bad]

:D

Cheers,
JtL
Can I be bad cop?:D :p :whip: :kick:

CRH

Call Me a Cab
A very short story

indycop said:
Can I be bad cop?:D :p :whip: :kick:

Yah, I know how this scene works. It's an old Good Cop Bad Cop routine. You drag me down to the station on some trumped up fashion fopah charge and then lay into me about social responsibility, etiquette, and other sorts of crap. You don't stop 'till I start sweat'in so bad that I have to remove my hat and plonk it on the table. Then you swiftly leave the room.

Then walks in Good Cop who cradles me into another room where I won't be bothered by that bad man any more. Along the hall I plead with Good Cop to turn back and retrieve my hat. He assures me that everything is OK and that he will take care of my hat. I'm gett'in the jitters. I ask for a cup of coffee. Good Cop brings me a jolt with Half n Half and kindly holds it for me - 'cause I can't with the jitters - while I take a good swig. Holy crap that's HOT :eek:. Good cop bolts out of the room cussing in Spanish - something about the coffee stains on his new pants.

Five minutes later and ex-marine named Marsha walks in with news that I am free to go. She tells me to follow her. We take about two steps and she suddenly reels around, taps me on the chest with her index finger, and in no uncertain terms tell me to get my eyes up and off her ass. I'm starting to sweat again.

As we pass the station desk I sense Bad Cop approaching from around 7 o'clock. I turn slighty to see him loft my lid at me frisbee style. I clench it to my chest and feel a sudden sense of relief like when.... well you know... like when your hat comes back. I plonk it on by head - I can hear Bad Cop in the back ground mumbling something about a nice hat - and bolt out the door into a right face down the sidewalk... and there she is.

I lock eyes with a beautiful golden eyed brunette. I feel warm and secure. It's my wife. She explains that she is so pleasantly surprised to see me and how she didn't expect to see me until she arrived at the restaurant. I feel loved.

Suddenly she breaks stride, tilts her head and looks up at me and says,

"What happened to your hat?"

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Bob you got that thing creased yet?!:rolleyes: :D

It's creased now. Here ya go, my new glen gray Campdraft. I decided to try my hand at one of those Kiltie diamonds. I don't mean to risk disappointing the Chief, but I had to try this. Tell me what you think, won't you?

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

Thanks for the story, CRH.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
BobC said:
TA, what do you think of the Capricorn. I received one too this week. I'm not too crazy about it. It doesn't look like straw at all. I thought it would have somewhat the texture of straw, but it looks and feels very plastic.

Bob, I rec'd my Capricorn along with my grey Campdraft. It doesn't look like straw, but it looks good and I was looking for sun protection and something water repellent. Missing from my small collection of hats is a nice Panama.

carter

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Good job Bob!
:arated:
That looks super, Bob. Nice work.

I'm glad to see a picture since my Glen Grey is somewhere in limbo twixt Oz & Texas.

It's a bit darker than I anticipated but a nice color nonetheless. You wear it well. Looks good with a red shirt.

Reminds me of an old joke:
Q. "What do you do with red China?"
A. "Place it on a white tablecloth."

BobC

carter said:
:arated:
That looks super, Bob. Nice work.

I'm glad to see a picture since my Glen Grey is somewhere in limbo twixt Oz & Texas.

It's a bit darker than I anticipated but a nice color nonetheless. You wear it well. Looks good with a red shirt.

Reminds me of an old joke:
Q. "What do you do with red China?"
A. "Place it on a white tablecloth."

It's darker than I thought it would be too, Carter, but it'll still be a very useful hat. I expect mine to get a lot of wear.

BobC

RBH said:
Good job Bob!

Thanks, Russ, This is the first time I've tried to raise the center of a diamond crease, but I like it and it helps keep the top of the hat off my head. I think that's why I haven't really been interested in diamonds too much.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Raising the dome

BobC said:
....This is the first time I've tried to raise the center of a diamond crease, but I like it and it helps keep the top of the hat off my head. I think that's why I haven't really been interested in diamonds too much.

What, no Oreana?

Like RBH says, "The Campdraft looks good in any crease" and you have a good example there, BobC.

What technique did you use to keep the dome up? I need to raise the dome on my Campdraft and I've been waiting for a rain but my timing seems to be off.

I here thunder now but I'll be going out in my Squatter :rolleyes:.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
CRH said:
What, no Oreana?

Like RBH says, "The Campdraft looks good in any crease" and you have a good example there, BobC.

What technique did you use to keep the dome up? I need to raise the dome on my Campdraft and I've been waiting for a rain but my timing seems to be off.

I here thunder now but I'll be going out in my Squatter :rolleyes:.

I spray a little water on the top of the crown and push up from the inside with my fingers until I'm satisfied. Then just let it dry naturally.

CD_3-1.jpg

BobC

Chuck Bobuck said:
I spray a little water on the top of the crown and push up from the inside with my fingers until I'm satisfied. Then just let it dry naturally.

CD_3-1.jpg

Same here, but I use my fist to start the dome at the center then fine tune it to my liking with my fingers.

Mr. Paladin

I did my new Camp Draft last night as well. I decided on a teardrop for the crease since I did a diamond for my FED IV. I wore it to church this morning, but I am not yet sure it is a "suit hat". Looks a bit too casual maybe??? It will be great with a button down shirt and boots or even a polo, I think. These are the outside pics as requested.

The color is darker than I thought from the pictures on the HD site, but I think it goes well with anything I will wear it with.

CampDraftII003.jpg

CampDraftII005.jpg

CampDraftII006.jpg

CampDraftII001.jpg

CampDraftII004.jpg

CampDraftII008.jpg

Bob, yours came out very nicely; I do like the diamond creases and yours looks great!

RBH

Bartender
Mr. Paladin said:
I did my new Camp Draft last night as well. I decided on a teardrop for the crease since I did a diamond for my FED IV. I wore it to church this morning, but I am not yet sure it is a "suit hat". Looks a bit too casual maybe??? It will be great with a button down shirt and boots or even a polo, I think. These are the outside pics as requested.

The color is darker than I thought from the pictures on the HD site, but I think it goes well with anything I will wear it with.

CampDraftII003.jpg

CampDraftII005.jpg

CampDraftII006.jpg

CampDraftII001.jpg

Bob, yours came out very nicely; I do like the diamond creases and yours looks great!
I think it goes very well with that suit, you look very nice! :eusa_clap
Great job on the crease also! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy