Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
Nice, Mr. P -- looking forward to the creased version! ;)

If you get a chance, it would be great to see some daylight shots, as well.

Congrats.

Cheers,
JtL

I'll try to take some tomorrow. It may be the weekend before I get time to work on the crease. Not sure what to do with it yet. I have seen so many of the great creases you all have done and I can't decide which I like the most. I may try water spray instead of steam on this one but I don't know yet.

Carter, I think you ordered a week or more before me. I got the "next post" e-mail on Feb. 25 and it arrived today--8 days door to door; not bad!

BobC

Nice, Mr. P. It looks a little darker than I expected it to also, but it's gray. Mine is on its way but hasn't found it's way home either as Carter's. I agree with Jim that some daylight pics would be nice to wet my appetite if you have an opportunity.

Dundee

A-List Customer
indycop said:
I'm a Confederate!lol

That sounds like a true winner to me. I do War Between the States reenacting, artillery. As a matter of fact, the first gun crew in the Olustee picture from 2008 was my gun crew. I was giving the commands and did not make it into the photo. Maybe next February we can meet at the event.:)

Dundee said:
That sounds like a true winner to me. I do War Between the States reenacting, artillery. As a matter of fact, the first gun crew in the Olustee picture from 2008 was my gun crew. I was giving the commands and did not make it into the photo. Maybe next February we can meet at the event.:)
I was in the 12th GA Company C all through the 125th anniversary battles, started in 1982 but haven't done it since early 1990's, still have all of the equipment, rifle, etc. but no way the uniform fits! I've spent all weekend in the breastworks of Resaca. May try to get a jacket & trousers for 150th anniversary run...

BobC

I opened the front door just now to go out for the mail, and there was a Hattery box leaning against the step. Guess what was in it? Right, my mid gray Campdraft! It's sitting on my noggin, replacing the tawny Campdraft that was there already, and it fits just fine. Stiff as a new Akubra, but it fits just fine.

It took ten days to get here from the date I got the e-mail, the fastest I've every gotten a hat from Australia.

Dang it! I bet mine is gettin here today as well & I'm heading to hunt camp from the office & won't be home until Sunday. I guess the Oz shipments hit the West Coast & come East. Mine may not make it until Monday. Either way, SWMBO is going to see it for sure!

BobC

SWMBO? The color is darker than I hoped it would be, but it is gray and it is a Campdraft. I like it, and it will go with a lot of the colors I wear.

Dundee

A-List Customer
gtdean48 said:
I was in the 12th GA Company C all through the 125th anniversary battles, started in 1982 but haven't done it since early 1990's, still have all of the equipment, rifle, etc. but no way the uniform fits! I've spent all weekend in the breastworks of Resaca. May try to get a jacket & trousers for 150th anniversary run...
I am with Cherokee Artillery. We are always at Resaca. I live a couple of hours away from Resaca in Moreland, GA and don't get to come up for the work days. :)

BobC

Here ya go. I took a quick pic next to my moonstone Fed Dlx IV. The couch they're sitting on is light gray also. The Campdraft definitely has more blue in it, but that's good with me. I like it, and it's a Campdraft. Did I say that before?

IMG_0841.jpg

BobC

I've got a mid brown coming subject to the dreaded EA 3 month wait, and then I'll have a complete collection of Campdrafts in all the current colors. Does it show that I really like the Campdraft? I wear them more than any of my other hats, and this gray one will get a lot of use too.

BobC said:
I've got a mid brown coming subject to the dreaded EA 3 month wait, and then I'll have a complete collection of Campdrafts in all the current colors. Does it show that I really like the Campdraft? I wear them more than any of my other hats, and this gray one will get a lot of use too.
I've got a silver belly & mid-brown, both on order as well! That'll do it for me as I have a black OR & a couple of tan ones to cover the Fawn range...

BobC

I have two OR's and a Resistol, but none of them have fedora creases. They all came to me with cattleman creases. Even though they're all 60's hats and all are only 3X felt, I have a hard time bringing myself to change the bash on vintage hats. I may be a bit weird, but I think they should remain as they have been.

BobC said:
I have two OR's and a Resistol, but none of them have fedora creases. They all came to me with cattleman creases. Even though they're all 60's hats and all are only 3X felt, I have a hard time bringing myself to change the bash on vintage hats. I may be a bit weird, but I think they should remain as they have been.
My vintage OR's were already fedora creased, sort of (the previous owner had this high back to low front preference, 1/2 between pinch & cattleman crease). They are 50's/early 60's & one 40's. It is not like I'm perserving some rare style or something. There are tons of them out there, just so few in my size!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy