Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

carldelo

One Too Many
Damn

I finally read this complete thread as I am putting together an order at EA and am trying to decide between adding Campdraft in taupe fawn vs. silverbelly to my order. Now I see there's a glen gray available at HD - this isn't helping me make up my mind for some reason, guys....

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carldelo said:
I finally read this complete thread as I am putting together an order at EA and am trying to decide between adding Campdraft in taupe fawn vs. silverbelly to my order. Now I see there's a glen gray available at HD - this isn't helping me make up my mind for some reason, guys....

There's also a mid-brown. The shipping on two isn't much more than it is for one, and you're going to love the Campdraft. Some people here have all the colors, they love them so much. ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
carldelo said:
Order 2 from EA and get one from HD for the wait!;) lol

carldelo

One Too Many
BobC said:
There's also a mid-brown. The shipping on two isn't much more than it is for one, and you're going to love the Campdraft. Some people here have all the colors, they love them so much. ;)

indycop said:
Order 2 from EA and get one from HD for the wait!;) lol

Yes, yes, you guys are high-LARRY-us --- obviously, I'll be SAVING money by ordering a Campdraft in every available color at the same time --- wait, I've got to put more ice in my Kool-Aid, it's getting warm and tastes funny.... :p

indycop

I'll Lock Up
carldelo said:
Yes, yes, you guys are high-LARRY-us --- obviously, I'll be SAVING money by ordering a Campdraft in every available color at the same time --- wait, I've got to put more ice in my Kool-Aid, it's getting warm and tastes funny.... :p
:D Pay me now or pay me laterlol Once you get one you will want another and another...:eusa_doh: :D

carldelo

One Too Many
indycop said:
:D Pay me now or pay me laterlol Once you get one you will want another and another...:eusa_doh: :D

I hope that's true - I've never had a high-crown hat that looked right on me, so this is experimental. I figure it's less expensive to try a low-cost Campdraft and see how it goes - if I don't like it, it can always go to a fellow lounger at a discount. I'm about 90% set on taupe fawn, as I don't have that color yet. If it looks good, there's a ltd. edition high-crown VS in silverbelly that looks awfully sweet...

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had e-mailed HD in response to Carter's lead back in November/December asking for the Campdraft to be made in a grey color. I saw the recent post regarding the fulfillment of that endeavor and placed my order for the glen grey Campdraft today. Not sure about that thin ribbon non-western look though........:eek:-- ;)-- :D

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
gtdean48 said:
Mr. P, It's an open crown so you can crease it western as you like. You know, all of the TV Westerns, Wagon Train, Rawhide, Gunsmoke, etc. had lots of teardrop creases in their hats....
Not to mention the KING OF THE COWBOYS!

RoyRogersHat2.jpg

He liked the teardrop telescope so much he did it twice. That ought to tame the height of a crown.

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
Just got finished ordering a silverbelly from hatsdirect. I had been wanting either this or the Open Road, and had been waiting to see if the silverbelly would ever be restocked. When I noticed they had them again I decided to go for it. I will probably crease it like the Open Road as that is what I wanted but for the price and quality I couldn't turn it down. I just hope I can get the shape right. I never have been quite happy with my Akubra Advetnurer (shape not the hat), the the only other open crown I've owned.

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
Question for those who have ordered from hatsdirect. I checked my bank today and they charged my card for the Campdraft I ordered last night. Does this mean it's been shipped? I didn't receive an e-mail saying it had shipped, but the original e-mail stated my card would not be charged until it shipped.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
D.W. Suratt said:
...I just hope I can get the shape right. I never have been quite happy with my Akubra Advetnurer (shape not the hat), the the only other open crown I've owned.

I've been fondling a Tauny Campdraft for a few days now. Don't worry and don't worry about water or steam. This thing molds like clay and holds it except for any dome work that could use a little steam.

If you aren't satisfied then just punch it out and start over. It become easier after each punch out.

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
I think I always get the it's on the stretcher and will be shipped next post. I can't recall getting an official it's on it's way from them.:)

I got this e-mail last night. I can't wait to get it. I've decided to take it to the local western store for shaping. Although I may try a dry bash first to see how it turns out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass