Akubra Campdraft

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Spatterdash, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Got 5 CD's. Spray with distilled water until well soaked, shape to liking, hit with heavy dose of steam to activate the shellac, & let dry slowly.

2. bluesforchallah

bluesforchallah Practically Family

I thought I had posted these here, though scrolling backwards, I'm not seeing them. Must have been the Akubra Overload thread. So here goes again.

BGGCD:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SBCD:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ronssmith

ronssmith New in Town

Finally put a little steam on my Campdraft, but this may not be final.

[​IMG]
    20180129 006b
    by Ron Smith, on Flickr​

4. Great pic!

5. ronssmith

ronssmith New in Town

Thanks Jack!

6. We can't all be talented, rich musicians like you Anthony. ;)

7. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

musician is the only accurate descriptive word here

deadlyhandsome, Zombie_61 and DOGMAN like this.
  8. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Oh, c'mon! At this point you must be talented.

At something...

[emoji41]

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

9. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

so I've heard ... not so sure though ;)

10. Ohhh, talented and modest. That's a good combination.

Cornshucker77 and deadlyhandsome like this.
  11. ronssmith

ronssmith New in Town

12. Telemaster

Telemaster One of the Regulars

Just ordered a Campdraft in bluegrass green... my very first hat. Thanks to everybody on here for fueling my sudden and inexplicable obsession. I just hope the green doesn’t clash with my gray hair... Now, the wait.

13. RJR

RJR

Hat-Akubra-BGCD-FL1.jpg
    Shouldn't be an issue,I'm pretty much dead white.This is the Lounge Edition of the BGCD.

14. Telemaster

Lookin’ good. Those FL editions are so sweet... unfortunately I’m late to the party on that. I’m definitely going to keep my ear to the ground on here to not miss any other special runs.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  15. daddy0d0

daddy0d0 A-List Customer

You are going to love the BGGCD! Definitely my favorite hat I own.
    Oh... I totally grey:D

Zombie_61 and Scuttle like this.
  16. First, welcome to The Lounge! Second, welcome to the Dark Side! This is how it started for many of us. "Hmm, I kinda' like that hat; I wonder how it would look on me? I think I'll get one." Then it's, "Maybe I should get another one, but in a different color...or with a wider/narrower brim...or a wider ribbon...or a shorter/taller crown...maybe a Homburg this time. Oooh, vintage! Wait, summer's coming and I need a Panama. Wow, look at that custom!" The rabbit hole can get pretty deep, and before you know it you're considering adding a room to your house just to store your ever-growing hat collection. :D

Or not, it's up to you. But seriously, The Lounge is one of the best resources on the 'Net for information about hats. The members here are friendly, and many are knowledgeable and willing to share whatever they know. Ask a question and the responses might contain any number of different opinions, but they're all intended to be helpful and no one here will steer you wrong.

The Fedora Lounge Special Editions are few and far between, mostly because Akubra (or whichever company) has to agree to do a special run. I don't know what the magic number is, but they're more receptive to the idea if the number of hats we want is high enough for them to disrupt their regular production schedule.

17. Telemaster

Thanks, I am indeed experiencing all of the above-mentioned symptoms. I’ll be in the states to visit my family in late May and am already looking at straw hats (shanting Open Road and Milan Stratoliner are so far in the running.) My eBay watch list used to be full of guitars and suddenly it’s full of hats. My avatar currently is a sweet almost-mint Sheplers / Stetson O.R that I took a chance on... sadly it’s too small (6 7/8). It breaks my heart. but now it’s back up on for sale on eBay.

Scuttle and Zombie_61 like this.
  18. Duper

Duper Practically Family

Nice to see someone sporting the Fedora Lounge version again. I have not been on in awhile. I still remember Sam from Everythingaustralian calling me up here in Canada in the middle of the night to talk about putting this special factory order together. I was very confused for a couple of minutes until I realized who it was on the call. I hope to meet the man some day. He was always so nice in helping me select a style or advise on sizing back when I first started my collection.

Anyways, it was nice stopping by for look in. Glad to see this place is still thriving. Really, I had to go three pages in to find the Campdraft thread!

I still have six Campdrafts but two Bluegrass Green CDs are my favourites.

I never leave home without a hat on and appreciate all the advise and lessons I learned hanging around here.

,,,Mike in Canada

19. Duper

Duper Practically Family

Yes, I agree. A great picture.

,,,Mike in Canada

ronssmith likes this.
  20. Wyldkarma

Wyldkarma One Too Many

Is there a link to purchase a Lounge Edition Campdraft?