Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

High Pockets

Practically Family
Call it what you want,..I'm in.
I just ordered my second Akubra! Campdraft in Silverbelly.
Been a member for a month now and already have four hats,.....this is a sickness.

:eusa_doh: HELP ME !

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
High Pockets said:
Call it what you want,..I'm in.
I just ordered my second Akubra! Campdraft in Silverbelly.
Been a member for a month now and already have four hats,.....this is a sickness.

:eusa_doh: HELP ME !

It's a hobby dammit. I can quit any time I want. I just don't happen to want to quit right now. or now.......;)

or now

High Pockets

Practically Family
The Merry Mailman just delivered my new Campdraft,....it appears Akubra may have started cutting the ribbons shorter. Maybe?

100_2451.jpg

Gotta go get some water boiling! :)

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
Your ribbons are certianly shorter than mine - I cut an inch off the front ribbon and it's still longer than the ones in your picture. Come on now, show us the bash!!! :)

High Pockets

Practically Family
Dang guys,......ease up, my wife was out shopping, came home and busted me steaming a bash in the thing. You know,...like the new hat that she didn't know I bought!:eek:
The good thing is; she couldn't get too upset cause she had a car-full of new drapes and curtain rods for the bedroom and needed your's truly to put them up!
After several hours of drape-installation I got the hat done!

A few notes about the hat. I'm a for sure 58.75 cm guy,....so I buy 59's. Those folks in Austrlia sure give you 59cm and then some! I wore all afternoon while taking care of my honey-do's. I sweated it up and then hit it for a few seconds with a hot hair dryer to get it perfect!

It's a nice hat ok, but not anything like the Silverbellys I've always owned. This thing is tan. Nice color though,.....and I guess I should look on the bright side, I still don't have a true "Silverbelly",.....which means I need another hat!

Here it is, nothing special, but I would like to submit my application to The Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon and the Campdraft Confederacy with these "proof of purchase" photos.:)

100_2456.jpg

100_2457.jpg

And the "fugly mug" shot:

100_2454.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
High Pockets said:
Dang guys,......ease up, my wife was out shopping, came home and busted me steaming a bash in the thing. You know,...like the new hat that she didn't know I bought!:eek:

Sorry, High Pockets. I think RBH started it. He was the one who spouted off about smelling blood... errr... uhmmm.... a new crease... or something like that...:rolleyes:

Welcome to the Campdraft Confederacy*, Sir :eusa_clap!

*If you say it enough it will become common and understood.

FurFeltFedora said:
Now this leads me to a question - are the CD Silverbelly's silver/white or tan? I've seen conflicting images. Can we get a definitive answer?
Next to my Stetson Silver Bellys, the Campdraft is more tan, definitely not as grayish.

BTW, nice new CD & great looking crease job High Pockets, welcome to the Brotherhood & the Confederacy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner