Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Kreissaege

One of the Regulars
I couldnt pm you, so here it is:

The colour is called "Heritage Fawn" and as pictured the colour is quite accurate.
Here is another pic with different light:
1572009005.jpg

The Leisure Time below is in "Regency Fawn". Very similar, but a bit more brown.
I got mine from www.aussiebushhats.com, but unfortunately they started a while ago to list the BP as made to order only.
Hatsdirect have the BP in stock in Heritage Fawn and are really fast with delivery:
http://www.hatsdirect.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?view=9&returncat=Akubra+Hats&returnpage=0

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
Here's a noggin shot of my new bluegrass green camp draft. A lot like the mid or glen grey in terms of color but has the blue/green overtones as it were. I like this color a lot. As I posted in the new hats thread, I just wish Akubra would come up with some much lighter shades of all their colors, except of course black. Call me a renegade but I'm just more into lighter shades all year round.
daveakubra-1.jpg

rrog

A-List Customer
Nice Bash

Kreissaege, that bash on the CD fits you very well. Not talking about the size, but the style going with your features. Nice job.

rrog

CRH

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
:arated: And I like the tighter pinch on RedHawks2. Each one suits the features of the wearer very well.

These two examples illustrate how the Open Road style has something for everyone. I can't think of a more versatile style of Fedora.

For those of us who have not yet tracked down a vintage the Campdraft is surely a blessing.

Dundee

A-List Customer
Bluegrass green Camp Draft

My bluegrass green Camp Draft arrived today. I realy like to color and look forward to some cooler weather to be able to enjoy this addition. here are some pictures.

DCP_3588.jpg

DCP_3587.jpg

DCP_3586.jpg

DCP_3584.jpg

shodan

New in Town
High Crown on Campdraft?

I am looking to purchase a new hat. I like the Akubra Campdraft. The crown looks to be very high after it's bashed. Can you make the bash lower. A hat with a high crown just doesn't look right on me! Any suggestions similar to the Campdraft?

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
The CD is an open crown which means you can bash it how you like - high or low. If you want a low crown, a classic "C" or teardrop bash will use a lot of material up and therefore bring the height down. Want it high? Use a center dent. In other words, don't worry about it and go order one :D

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
Nice one Dundee - it really does change colour between a grey and green depending on the light doesn't it? I just pulled the trigger on another CD myself - a Glen Grey one from Hats Direct. Should be here in about 3 weeks, can't wait to post new pics.

duggap

Banned
Also, you may find over time, as many of us did, that a higher crown really does suit you better. They just take some getting use to. My first stetson was such a low crown that I don't wear it at all anymore.:)

Dundee

A-List Customer
FurFeltFedora said:
Nice one Dundee - it really does change colour between a grey and green depending on the light doesn't it? I just pulled the trigger on another CD myself - a Glen Grey one from Hats Direct. Should be here in about 3 weeks, can't wait to post new pics.

It does do that. I think you will realy enjoy the Glen Gray Camp Draft.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
One of the great things about a Camp Draft is that it is so darned easy to bash and re-bash...even for a complete novice like me. This my first one. After this photo was taken, I decided that I wanted the crown a bit shorter. With almost no effrort...and with very little steam...I was able to re-bash it into a shorter-crowned teardrop. I've worn it that way since and it has held the bash nicely, through sun and rain.

campdraft004-2.jpg

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner