Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra disapointment

ex812

Familiar Face
I special ordered Capricorn in size 62 on March 9th from Everything Austrailian. I was not looking to the 3 month wait but made it through. I sent an email a few days ago to check on the status. Sam from Everything Austrailian sent a response back stating that Akubra lost the order or he never sent it in. Now I have to wait atleast another month :eusa_doh:

hatflick1

Practically Family
I admire your patience. I would have moved on by now. So many styles available, I'd be checking out an alternative. Dealers should learn that losing an order or, say, sending out the wrong style or size (just happened to me) costs them a sale. Especially in this economy.

DragonJade

One of the Regulars
hatflick1 said:
Dealers should learn that losing an order or, say, sending out the wrong style or size (just happened to me) costs them a sale. Especially in this economy.

Something like this has happened to me in the past. They sent me the wrong model. I managed to make contact with them and they said that I had to pay for the postage to send the item back if I wanted an exchange, even though it was their error. I was not impressed.

ex, sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope they sort it out soon for you.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
That's a shame about the wait. On the up side, I really like my Capricorn. It's a great warm weather hat. I hope you enjoy it when it finally arrives.

TheShadowKnows

New in Town
You Mean EA Disappointment...

Akubra hats are the best! And worth a wait. However, Everything Australia was the disappointment. They should have followed up on the order status!
Hold out for that Capricorn.

TheShadowKnows said:
Akubra hats are the best! And worth a wait. However, Everything Australia was the disappointment. They should have followed up on the order status!
Hold out for that Capricorn.
I had a similar experience with EA that they blamed on Akubra. It did not raise up to EA's attention until I queried about my order. Sometimes all that saving gets expensive!

In business today it's the best thing to check and double check that the info is right. Then the thing is to have systems in place that doesn't allow losing an order.

To err is human to forgive divine.

jpbales

Practically Family
actually

HatsDirect does have it. Lately, it seems like there's been a lot of dissappointing comments about EverythingAustralian. I would just go with HatsDirect next time, which (in my experience) tends to have more in stock and less wait. Although slightly more expensive than EA, HatsDirect makes up for the slightly higher cost by eliminating the 3 month wait. I would NEVER wait 3 months for anything short of a custom hat.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Hats Direct does show it, but only up to size 61, so chances are they might have to custom order it too. Not sure how that works exactly. I've always used Hats Direct with no issues and good communication and info prior to order also.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I also had less than stellar service from EA the last time I ordered from them. When I notified them of the mid brown Campdraft I received after a three month wait with a broken wind string button and which was too big for me even though it was labelled the correct size, the response came from Sam's son and not Sam himself. I wonder if there is a changing of the guard occurring there that is resulting lesser service. I ended up returning that hat to them for an exchange which cost me more than it would have to get the hat from Hatsdirect in the first place. In the future all of my Akubra orders will go to Hatsdirect.

carldelo

One Too Many
Ex812 - which color Capricorn did you order? I ordered a gray Capricorn in size 62 from EA on Feb 26 or thereabouts. It was the first one, as it was not manufactured in size 62 until Sam persuaded Akubra to make one for me (that's why Hats Direct doesn't show it on their site).

Anyway, I'm wondering if he somehow confused your order with mine (if it was also gray), not an excuse exactly, but maybe makes some sense. On the upside, I received my hat in exactly 2 months, and have been happy with it. I think it was worth the wait, especially considering how little it costs. Hang in there...

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hats Direct for me every time. Both my orders with them have been painless, quick, and problem-free. As GTD pointed out, they were tops on the glen grey Camp Draft deal. They are #1 in my book.

Duper

Practically Family
Hello, this is my first post. I just received my first two Akubra's (Stockman and Banjo Paterson) from Everything Australian. The transaction went very well. Good communications. 9 days delivery time from order placing to arriving at my door in Canada. Well packaged and a nice personalized note from Sam in the box. I would use their service again.

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Feeling Duped!

Duper said:
Hello, this is my first post. I just received my first two Akubra's (Stockman and Banjo Paterson) from Everything Australian. The transaction went very well. Good communications. 9 days delivery time from order placing to arriving at my door in Canada. Well packaged and a nice personalized note from Sam in the box. I would use their service again.

What a crock!

m

Duper

Practically Family
Hi fellows, I was sincere. No spin, no joke. I'm just a bald Canadian guy that likes hats. If my "Duper" nickname causes you some concern I should warn you I had a friend who once got his finger caught in a "Clevispin". Took 4 stitches and a week for the swelling to go down. Beware! ;)

Now I look forward to trading stories and comments and helpful hints as time goes by.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
clevispin said:

What a crock!

m

There's no reason to believe that this wouldn't happen with a stock item. I had a similar delivery time from another Australian vendor (Aussie Bush Hats & Oilskins), as well as from Everything Australian... once they finally got my hat in stock.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adkrabbe