Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Liner

Pok 9'er

New in Town
Hello everyone new member here. I have an Akubra Banjo Patterson which I bought a year ago. Almost immediately the liner was stained by my sweat turning a redish color in some places. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes. I have a Down Under and the sweatband is stained... badly... I think I may need to call up hatsdirect and get some new ones sent out to me. Preferably red as the stains are not as obvious as on the white.
Johnny

Benny Holiday

My liners, even on my 12-year-old Akubras, are fine. I do keep my sweatbands clean of hair goop residue, though, by regularly wiping them clean.

Jerekson

One Too Many
The liner and sweatband in my Federation are fine. The only thing I've noticed is that the logo on the top of the corwn is startging to rub off into the plastic cover. But I doubt that is from sweat.

Here's something though - the little white x at the back of the sweat has turned red. But it wasn't from sweat - it was from dirt.
Weird.

johnnycanuck

It depends on the shape of your head. I have many hats and only the "Down Under" gets sweat stains on the liner.
Johnny

Pok 9'er

New in Town
I've read that a few people's Akubras have had a slight color change. My Banjo Patterson has slightly turned an orangelike color on some parts of the brim but only on the bottom. The color is heritage fawn. Has anybody had this happen to black, grey or brown Akubras?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot