Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One of the guys that works at Costco has a Snowyriver. Every time I see it I get reminded what a good looking hat it is.
Johnny

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
One of the guys that works at Costco has a Snowyriver. Every time I see it I get reminded what a good looking hat it is.
Johnny
Have to make my mind between a sand or Bluegrass Green Coober Pedy and a sand or Glen Gray Snowy River...

It's been on my head for more than a month.

At least now the Cattleman idea is on hold, so its between those two.

My issue is that the Coober might be more "wearable" with different outfits and different occasions.

Might end up with both.

pmjk

New in Town
Good Day to All,

I have been a member here for a few years but never write or answer threads. I have spent countless hours reading and learning from the rest of you and I must say collectively you could open a Hattery Vocational Trade school.

I finally was in a position to order a Fed. IV (regular not deluxe) in Moonstone. I ordered a size 59, regularely I take a 58. I can place a thumb between the hatband and my head on both sides simutaneously although front to back it fits wonderfully, not too tight or too loose. I also ordered a Fed in dark brown size 58 but they haven't sent it yet to hear back from me how the size 59 fits. They are out of stock for dark brown in 59. I am still deciding my response to Hats direct. I love the hat I have now regardless of it being big.

In any case I just wanted to show off my new hat which you have all seen 100s of. Hopefully it shows up in my Avatar. New Fed IV resize pic.jpg
New Fed IV resize B.jpg New Fed IV resize C.jpg New Fed IV resize D.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Good Day to All,

I have been a member here for a few years but never write or answer threads. I have spent countless hours reading and learning from the rest of you and I must say collectively you could open a Hattery Vocational Trade school.

I finally was in a position to order a Fed. IV (regular not deluxe) in Moonstone. I ordered a size 59, regularely I take a 58. I can place a thumb between the hatband and my head on both sides simutaneously although front to back it fits wonderfully, not too tight or too loose. I also ordered a Fed in dark brown size 58 but they haven't sent it yet to hear back from me how the size 59 fits. They are out of stock for dark brown in 59. I am still deciding my response to Hats direct. I love the hat I have now regardless of it being big.

In any case I just wanted to show off my new hat which you have all seen 100s of. Hopefully it shows up in my Avatar. View attachment 24362
View attachment 24363 View attachment 24364 View attachment 24365

It's a Beauty. Njoy and wear it well.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Hello,

I am buying a Coober Pedy, have to decide between Sand and Bluegrass Grenn.

Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated !!

I live in Mexico, not a place for heavy dark hats !

pmjk

New in Town
Hello Chamuco,

Both are great, I hate deciding colour, I wish I could have them all. To make the choice easier I think you should look at what colours you regularely wear. If you wear lots of browns and earthtones I would go with the sand. If you wear a lot of greys, blacks and navy blues I would think the bluegrass green would be a better choice.

In the end you will just have to keep buying different colours to feed the addication :)

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chamuco, good advice by pmjk. Personally I am a big, big fan of bluegrass green. Awesome color and extremely versatile. It is a green but a grey green

I have noticed mention in previous threads that there are differences between Akubras purchased from an Aussie source and those purchased from David Morgan. Is that true for many of the Akubra offering or just the Adventurer and the Sydney (which I think is a special offering by just David Morgan). I would appreciate any info from the Forums' Akubra fans.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
I really like my new bluegrass Camp Draft. If big is good, is bigger better? In short, should I buy a moonstone Bushman? I realize that asking this bunch is like a gambler asking the house if he should double down...

We are serious enablers, but the truth is that you need to figure out the look which you are seeking and what works for your body and head. The neat fedora or giant Aussie slouch are both great, but will they work for you?

Also different hats are for different uses. Are you wanting a huge sun/rain shade or a semi dressy hat?

Fed

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
i live in Texas; I could ALWAYS use more hat for shade from the sun...

Texas varies greatly. Beaumont to Tyler is not all that different from Louisiana and Mississippi. On the other hand, El Paso, San Antonio, Laredo and Del Rio...

However, you may have answered your own question. Buy the Bushman!

Fed

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Hello Chamuco,

Both are great, I hate deciding colour, I wish I could have them all. To make the choice easier I think you should look at what colours you regularely wear. If you wear lots of browns and earthtones I would go with the sand. If you wear a lot of greys, blacks and navy blues I would think the bluegrass green would be a better choice.

In the end you will just have to keep buying different colours to feed the addication :)

Thanks !!!

I ended up buying a Bluegrass Green Coober Pedy, a Sand Cattleman and a Santone Fawn Snowy River!!

ja ja ja .... Couldnt make up my mind so got with one each !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy