Akubra Overload

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Colby Jack, Oct 10, 2008.

1. pairrothead01

pairrothead01 Familiar Face

Then busted out my old Tula palm leaf explorer...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

2. DRB

DRB One Too Many

I like them both. It looks like Akubra has some nice straws. Looks good on you.

3. D00R

D00R One of the Regulars

Akubura Campdraft

Attached Files:

4. manicsubmersion

manicsubmersion New in Town

upload_2019-4-15_12-36-49.png
    Ms. and Mr. Redkev on a hike Canada Del Ojo, just north of the Tohajiilee Indian lands, about 40 miles southwest of Albuquerque, NM. Ms. Redkev (aka Dana) is wearing her Banjo Patterson in heritage fawn. I am in sporting a fawn Campdraft.

5. DRB

DRB One Too Many

Fantastic hats, amazing photo.

6. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Wonderful photo, and I really like how each of your hats complement you so well. And welcome to The Lounge!

Cornshucker77 and deadlyhandsome like this.
  7. What a great photo and an incredible setting. You both do your hats proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. pairrothead01

pairrothead01 Familiar Face

Big fan of the feather .....
    Good color match too.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Cornshucker77 and Zombie_61 like this.
  9. JTSwifty

JTSwifty New in Town

Dear Akubra-wearing friends,
    [I posted this question as a thread in HATS but probably should have started here...] Wondering if anyone has ever ordered anything from a UK-based company called Horizonsnfp.co.uk? They advertise the Akubra Bushman for $64.18 (48.61 British Pounds) (see: http://www.studiogroen.com/hat-akub...-p-1852:a8e2614c3aa4cfab7b638883eb72b17c.html ). It has been said that "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is." But just in case I can get a brand new Bushman for $100 off, I thought I would check with those in the know...

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  10. Spats McGee

Spats McGee One Too Many

Never heard of 'em before.

11. HatNut-Jack

HatNut-Jack New in Town

12. HatNut-Jack

HatNut-Jack New in Town

The exchange rate with Australia is currently about >70/US $. Just bought a Stylemaster from Hats by The Hundred. Also own the Snowy River and Banjo Patterson. Great hats and service.

Spats McGee likes this.
  13. JTSwifty

JTSwifty New in Town

Thanks - I ended up just going with David Morgan. Enjoying my new Bushman!

Spats McGee and Zombie_61 like this.
  14. HatNut-Jack

HatNut-Jack New in Town

They review "show" just about every Akubra hat on You Tube in case you are interested.

15. nashopolis

nashopolis New in Town

Howdy hat folks!

I've been eyeing a campdraft or bushman for a bit to be my daily hat so I can leave my nice open road for fancy occasions.

I'm lucky to have a place I can try on Akubra hats in person.
    Yesterday I tried on a 58 and a 59 - I'm wearing a 57 in Stetsons.

The question is fit and shrinkage. How much might I expect the Bushmans to shrink up?
    The 58 fits well - maybe a bit tight front to back but I feel like it would mold to my head a bit as there is a little space on the sides. The 59 i could pull down to my ears if it changed shapes at all - but currently has a little more breathing room. It's definitely on the border.

All things equal I usually like a hat to ride a little higher and fit snugly (but not tight!)

I hear these hats tend to shrink up - should I expect a whole size or half? Any thoughts?

Also they are out of my sizes in the Sand color - does anyone else sell the bushman or campdraft in that color? Or Is there a Akubra equivalent to Stetson's fawn color?

Thanks for your help!

dkstott likes this.
  16. Willybob

Willybob A-List Customer

I have two Bushmans. I recommend you buy one size up. Both of mine tightened up to fit, as did my Camp Draft.

17. nashopolis

nashopolis New in Town

Thanks Willybob

Follow up question

Is the bushman crown tall enough to bash a cattlemen crease?

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  18. Appealing to owners of Glen Gray & Carbon Gray Akubra's, particularly the Fed IV I guess. What color is this? The closeup pic is most accurate I think.

IMG_4152.jpg

In cool photographic lighting conditions (& with a blue table cloth) it tends to take on a bluish tint. I read in an old post that is typical of Carbon Gray?

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

What say you, please?

19. johnnycanuck

johnnycanuck Call Me a Cab

I have a Carbon Grey Squatter and it has never looked that light. (Close up photo) the other two look like it though. Grey with hints of blue and green. Hope that helps some. How old is the hat?
    Johnny

20. Yamahana

Yamahana One of the Regulars

I have a Carbon Grey Squatter and it is quite dark. I was hoping it would have some blue in it but I don’t see it. I like the shape and dimensions of the Squatter really well have another one coming in a slow boat from Australia in Regency Fawn.
    [​IMG]
    Here it is for comparison with Silver Belly Camp Draft, Moonstone Bushman, and a green Sundowner.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk