Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Dammit Jim. :)

Thanks for the heads-up!
DIDO!!!!!
1709150701780.jpeg

EDIT: CRAP............they were now out of my size........:(

The Shoe

One Too Many
Many of you will have seen my new BG Blue Mountains on the WHAYWT thread, but it deserves a showing here as well.
It has the same hat band, with feathers woven into it, as the Leisure Time (my wife’s favourite; she owns three of them in different colours), but with a much bigger brim.
IMG_1649.jpeg

I organised to have it waiting at my hotel in Australia when I arrived.
IMG_1653.jpeg

The big brim with the deep dip front and back does a great job at protecting nose, ears & neck from the severe Southern Hemisphere sun.
IMG_1654.jpeg

Last edited:

The Shoe

One Too Many
While I’m here, I thought I’d offer my contribution to the great Campdraft vs Federation IV debate. I took the advice I found on this thread to buy both, “because you will end up with both in the end, anyhow”.
I was expecting to love the Fed IV more, but found that I preferred the snap brim and softer felt of the Campdraft. Now, 2½ years later, I’m finding that the brim on the Campdraft snaps back up far too readily, and that both the felt and the sweatband on the Fed IV have softened up nicely. I’d have to say I prefer the Fed IV now.
I do, however, believe I was right to take that advice to get them both.

wsmontana

A-List Customer
Ready for Montana rivers is this new to me 30+ year old Bushman. It was pretty abused with missing liner and hat band and dried out sweatband but it cleaned up and creased nicely. The sweatband is supple again after a couple rounds of Pecard’s. I made a fur felt hat band from a cut down brim of an old 3X Resistol — the dense fur felt is great for holding flies.
IMG_9439.jpeg
IMG_9437.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner