Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
Federation IV in Tawny Fawn

Got this last week, just getting around to posting now. BTW, for comparison's sake I'm using the same backdrop for all my hat shots. A little boring but it means that the colours of the hats won't be affected by the backdrop changing.

I found that this one was as stiff as a board when I got it, but after shaping with steam and then heavily misting with distilled water it softened up nicely.

Still got a black one to post and two more in the mail.

And don't ask my why I look so damn pompous, I'm just sorry that I do :)

Oh, I really am that pale too :(

3554625707_973774c9a4_b.jpg

3555439132_eb3ab08451_b.jpg

3556039521_cb5f48c884.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
FurFeltFedora said:
Thanks ScottF, CHR. My main purpose when posting these pics is to show as much as possible what the hat looks like from the major angles. For me, I've never been able to see ANY of the hats I bought so I had to go 100% on pictures here and faith. I'm glad that if nothing else my pics show other people what these hats look like. And coming soon will be pics of my Tawny, Black, Carbon and Moonstone Federation IVs :)

Well, you are accomplishing your goal - I wish you had a Fed IV Deluxe in Heritage Fawn, so I could get a better idea of what it looks like. I ordered one anyway - my first Akubra - but not sure it's really the color I want...but I'm sure I'll love it.

BobC - I saw where you posted that you had the Fed IV Deluxe in Heritage Fawn - could you post some pics?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScottF said:
Well, you are accomplishing your goal - I wish you had a Fed IV Deluxe in Heritage Fawn, so I could get a better idea of what it looks like. I ordered one anyway - my first Akubra - but not sure it's really the color I want...but I'm sure I'll love it.

BobC - I saw where you posted that you had the Fed IV Deluxe in Heritage Fawn - could you post some pics?

Sure, Scott. No problem. I have the heritage fawn and a moonstone. Of the two hats, I really like the heritage fawn the best. I bought the heritage in a size 59 and the moonstone in a 58, which is what I usually wear. In this case I like the way the brim sits on the 59 better even though I still use a bit of padding at the back of it to make it fit. These are older pictures and I have since recreased this hat to a teardrop.

Here it is. I'm sorry I don't have a good daylight picture, but if you want to see one I can take one tomorrow.

I think the tawny is a good color too.

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

jpbales

Practically Family
Great color! The Fed IV really looks awesome in taupe/tawny fawn- that's what it is, right? It looks good on ya. I've got a Campdraft in taupe, and it looks good. Great pictures as well, they look quite professional.

You are going to be THE MAN with all of those Fed IVs. You'll be able to make infinite color combos- and with all of the great pics to come, it'll be a great reference for Akubra colors.
:eusa_clap

FurFeltFedora said:
Got this last week, just getting around to posting now. BTW, for comparison's sake I'm using the same backdrop for all my hat shots. A little boring but it means that the colours of the hats won't be affected by the backdrop changing.

I found that this one was as stiff as a board when I got it, but after shaping with steam and then heavily misting with distilled water it softened up nicely.

Still got a black one to post and two more in the mail.

And don't ask my why I look so damn pompous, I'm just sorry that I do :)

Oh, I really am that pale too :(

3554625707_973774c9a4_b.jpg

3555439132_eb3ab08451_b.jpg

3554684495_0bd2138230.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
Hey BobC...thanks for posting that Heritage Fawn!

Can someone post a pic of a Tawny and Heritage next to each other?
(I know, use "search". Searching "fawn" or "federation" on this forum is like searching for the letter "a" in the dictionary...tons of hits)

In the interim, bringing up the rear on the port side, the Carbon has joined the Federation Tugboat Fleet...

543498036_Vvwy5-X1-1.jpg

jpbales

Practically Family
NICE! :eusa_clap

Goose. said:

(I know, use "search". Searching "fawn" or "federation" on this forum is like searching for the letter "a" in the dictionary...tons of hits)

In the interim, bringing up the rear on the port side, the Carbon has joined the Federation Tugboat Fleet...

543498036_Vvwy5-X1-1.jpg

Chinaski

One Too Many
You guys must get a kickback from Akubra - posting pictures of cool lids that make us lowly non-FedIV owners salivate with longing...

Goose posts one in Carbon that looks great, and FFF (or F cubed) throws in a Tawny Fawn that will make a hat guy's knees buckle! I've got to get one. But which one? Or maybe a Borso, or Open Road, or Cavanagh...this hat thing is wicked.

jpbales

Practically Family
wicked indeed...

so many choices... and they all seem so great. It's like going to a really nice restaurant that has tons of choices, and you're really hungry- but can only pick one meal. :rage:

Chinaski said:
You guys must get a kickback from Akubra - posting pictures of cool lids that make us lowly non-FedIV owners salivate with longing...

Goose posts one in Carbon that looks great, and FFF (or F cubed) throws in a Tawny Fawn that will make a hat guy's knees buckle! I've got to get one. But which one? Or maybe a Borso, or Open Road, or Cavanagh...this hat thing is wicked.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
FurFeltFedora said:
Beautiful Tawny Fawn, FFF--nice job on the bash. I love mine; the brown in rich but not the same darker brown as a certain cinematic archeologist's, which distinguishes it. Great pics--and I don't see pompous in them at all.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Goose. said:

543498036_Vvwy5-X1-1.jpg
Amazing, Goose--looks like you're ready for anything! You win the prize for the complete set. :eusa_clap

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Need Your Help to Create a New Campdraft!

Hi everyone,
Just in case you haven't read the Campdraft thread lately, GTDean has begun a campaign to get Hats Direct to produce a Heritage version of the Campdraft in Moonstone. They're willing, but they can't justify a new production run with Akubra of under 50 hats, so they need significant interest to accept our proposal.

For those of you who are Fed IV fans but Campdraft neophytes, the CD is a fantastic hat: a non-dimensional bound snap brim with a thin ribbon and supple, fantastic fur felt. It's also got a traditional wind cord. It molds to your bash like a dream. Here's mine as I first received it in Silverbelly:

P1010007_4.jpg

And if you aren't crazy about thin ribbons, a wider ribbon can be applied with success:

P1010002_6.jpg

So, we need your help. If you think you'd be interested, e-mail the Hats Direct crew at sales@hatsdirect.com. The more people on board for the Campdraft in Moonstone, the more chance we have for creating a Fedora Lounge exclusive lid!

Steve

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Goose. said:

Yep, thanks Bob!! I'm relieved to see it's a light color, like in their ad. Gorgeous hat!

I'm gonna go nuts waiting until July to get mine.

Goose.

Practically Family
ScottF said:
Yep, thanks Bob!! I'm relieved to see it's a light color, like in their ad. Gorgeous hat!

I'm gonna go nuts waiting until July to get mine.
Yep, thanks again BobC. It seems like it has a slight color difference than the Tawny...but tought to discren.
So, a Tawny and Heritage Fawn comparison picture is still kindly requested.

And Jazzy Cocktail brother, I just wrote HD and said to put me down for one of those Moonie Campdrafts. WTH, if I'm gonna get a Campdraft, it may as well be for a cause or, in this case, a collective effort.

And, thanks all for the comments on my Fleet. But "Captain" is too formal...you can call me "Skipper" ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL