Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

billyspew

One Too Many
Roninjedi said:
Crikey!!! I forgot that there's actually a food item by that name. lol Never had one. There is an authentic English cafe a mile or two away, so perhaps I can ask the British ex-pat restauranteurs to make me one.

:eek:fftopic: They're very nice, great picnic food. Should be served cool. Particularly like a Gala Pie too (same but with an egg in the middle).

Back on topic the Fed looks great on you!

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Acorn vs. Taupe Fawn

Does anyone happen to have a picture of an Acorn Stylemaster next to a Taupe Fawn Campdraft? I have a CD on order and I'd just like to see how they look next to each other. They may be the same color, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
Spats

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Roninjedi said:
Okay. Here are the pics of my new Federation IV.

In the box.
3913739307_75e0f7176a.jpg

This is the first time I've ever held an open-crowned hat. I'm in Texas so I'm used to Western style (cowboy) hats which are always very stiff. The crown of this one is surprisingly soft.
3914523972_76de831dfc.jpg

I immediately dry-bashed the hat.
3913739427_cce029a53d.jpg

I was surprised how well it took the bash.
3914524028_484a29f656.jpg

Hmm... this is a really tall crowned hat.
3913739677_93431f0b65.jpg

3913739523_5a850f5897.jpg

This is a porkpie dry bash I did just to see what it would look like. I love porkpies, but I think the brim is too wide on this one.
3913739565_8653bc472f.jpg

I'll keep fiddling with the bash. Meantime, I have the whole foam strip in the hat right now (without adhesive) and it fits perfectly. The hat's on my head now and I can tell that as it shrinks to size, the foam will come out bit by bit. I'm so thrilled! :D
Ronin...that looks great on ya!:eusa_clap

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Spats McGee said:
Does anyone happen to have a picture of an Acorn Stylemaster next to a Taupe Fawn Campdraft? I have a CD on order and I'd just like to see how they look next to each other. They may be the same color, but I'm not sure.

[huh]

My guess is that they are not the same color but may be very close. I'd love an accurate photo of the acorn here!

Last time a looked at an oak nut closely there were many colors turning around!

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Stylemaster in moonstone

I stopped by my local hattery this morning just as he was unpacking a box of Stylemasters in Moonstone. Man, that is a beautiful colour and they've matched it with a superb grey/green band.

He took one look at who was coming in the door and pulled out a size 58 for me to try. What a lid!

Dammit! Now I want one.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Ephraim Tutt said:
I stopped by my local hattery this morning just as he was unpacking a box of Stylemasters in Moonstone. Man, that is a beautiful colour and they've matched it with a superb grey/green band.

He took one look at who was coming in the door and pulled out a size 58 for me to try. What a lid!

Dammit! Now I want one.
Awwwww, man! That sounds like a great hat.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Ephraim Tutt said:
...Man, that is a beautiful colour and they've matched it with a superb grey/green band.

...What a lid!

Dammit! Now I want one.

What! No pics?

Man, if I dare order one of these before a silver belly Campdraft the thin ribbon enforcers will surely have me banished :eek:.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Sorry CRH. I didn't have my camera with me...and I doubt it would pick up the subtleties of that grey/green ribbon. Hats Direct has a pic of the moonstone Stylemaster but the ribbon looks darker that the one I saw today.

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
Quick question

Has any Federation IV owner had the liner kind of flop down from the top? It's not a problem, really. I just started noticing it after wearing (and sweating in) the hat for an extended period of time. The top of the liner just sags down inside the hat and rests on the top of my head when I wear it.

Just curious if this is a normal thing with lined hats in general, Akubras specifically, or just my lid. [huh]

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Stylemaster in Moonstone

Righto you lot! Yesterday I mentioned that the Stylemaster in moonstone had just arrived at my local hatter and some of you wanted pics.

So, in the spirit of service I popped on down to the shop again today and took these with my phone - so forgive the quality. The ribbon and binding is a lovely grey/green replacing the dark grey (from memory) ribbon & binding they used last time they released the SM in moonstone.

Stylemasterinmoonstone2.jpg
Stylemasterinmoonstone1.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Ephraim Tutt said:
Righto you lot! ...
Stylemasterinmoonstone2.jpg
Stylemasterinmoonstone1.jpg

I'm speechless!

:rolleyes:

:eusa_clap

What's with the pink hats behind you... When do we get to see the stacks of Squatters and Campdafts???

... and finally ' Is a stack of SQuatters a Legislature'? :deadhorse

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Dammit CRH! I didn't realise that I'd caught a pic of myself in the mirror till I got home and had a good look at it. I'm wearing my 50's Champ 'Take-off' stingy too!

As for the pink hats behind me - the ladies section is on the other side of the store to the gents. And no - I'm not gonna try one of those pink numbers on for you.

And interestingly, a group of squatters did try to take over the legislature of NSW way back when.

As for stacks of hats....I can get pics of any Akubra stacks you like in that shop....except Feds and Sydneys of course. And a bunch of other makes too!

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Akubra Balmoral

Today, being my birthday, the kids have banded together to buy dad an Akubra Balmoral - with official Akubra hatbox of course.

It's a hemp straw with thin leather band and Akubra badge. Colour is natural straw.

SDC10243.jpg

SDC10246.jpg

SDC10245.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Ephraim Tutt said:
Today, being my birthday, the kids have banded together to buy dad an Akubra Balmoral - with official Akubra hatbox of course.

It's a hemp straw with thin leather band and Akubra badge. Colour is natural straw.

Happy birthday, ET! Looks like the young ones have been taught some good taste!

I have my bead on the Plantar and the Bahama at Everything Australian.

Let us know how the hemp fiber behaves in the rain if you get a chance.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
CRH said:
Let us know how the hemp fiber behaves in the rain if you get a chance.

Thanks CRH. Yep I gotta say I'm very happy with the kid's choice - which I admit to having influenced!

I'm advised that the hemp is very resiliant to a downpour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou