Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

jmclfrsh

New in Town
Does anyone have a photo of their Bluegrass Green Cattleman?

I have one on order and have 2.5 months to go. Thought a pic might help tide me over...

I have one in the regular dark color (fawn?) and another in Sand. Something tells me the BG will end up being my favorite.

Thanks!

John

shrek

Familiar Face
Hi gang if anyone gets to Saratoga NY check out Saratoga Saddlery plenty of akubra hats and other quality things. Real nice people there .

Does anyone have a photo of their Bluegrass Green Cattleman?

I have one on order and have 2.5 months to go. Thought a pic might help tide me over...

I have one in the regular dark color (fawn?) and another in Sand. Something tells me the BG will end up being my favorite.

Thanks!

John
oooh that green should a a sweet one

Harrison Krupnick

New in Town
Can anyone post some pics of themselves wearing their Cattleman? I'm wondering if its going to be too cowboy for me or not. I'm thinking it might be a good hat to compliment my stylemaster for when I'm not in the city and when I'm in the sun being active (beach/water sports mostly).

Slacker Drummer

Familiar Face
Can anyone post some pics of themselves wearing their Cattleman? I'm wondering if its going to be too cowboy for me or not. I'm thinking it might be a good hat to compliment my stylemaster for when I'm not in the city and when I'm in the sun being active (beach/water sports mostly).

Head on over to your friendly Google search bar and type the following: site:www.thefedoralounge.com "akubra cattleman"
Then click on the "Images" tab. You'll have to sort through some that are not Cattlemen, but you'll find plenty.

Harrison Krupnick

New in Town
Are there any Australian websites that I can order a hat from as the price is much lower? I'm looking for the Akubra Lightening Ridge but Everythingaustralian and hatsdirect do not have this hat. Anywhere else I could look?

Obsessed

One of the Regulars
Are there any Australian websites that I can order a hat from as the price is much lower? I'm looking for the Akubra Lightening Ridge but Everythingaustralian and hatsdirect do not have this hat. Anywhere else I could look?

I think the Lightning Ridge might be a David Morgan exclusive. The Coober Pedy is pretty similar, and the Australian version has the opal in the band like the Lightning Ridge. DM's Coober Pedy has a ribbon band, presumably so as not to compete with the Lightning Ridge.

stratcat

One of the Regulars
A timely arrival from the land down under! I ordered a Silverbelly Campdraft before Christmas and when it had been made and was ready for shipping I had a Fawn Fed IV popped in the box too. ;)
I think both will be great summer colours to wear now the sun has started to shine over here in the UK (don't worry, it won't last).
Both are Heritage felt and I'm really pleased with them. I've gone for a rough C/diamond bash on the campdraft and a simple center dent on the fed. I tried a C type bash on the fed and while it was nice, I liked the idea of a bit more 'air' around my head in the crown.
Fed IV
IMG_0102_zpslqlrv8xs.jpg
IMG_0101_zpsfvjq7rnc.jpg
Campdraft
IMG_0099_zpsbc5wo0lu.jpg
IMG_0097_zpsy6wurpjl.jpg

Josh_S

New in Town
My first post. Hi, I'm Josh Stallings. Crime writer and movie trailer editor. For a long time I have lusted after Stetson Open Roads, but vintage one in 7 7/8 are near impossible to find. I looked at new Stetson, but it felt stiff and uncomfortable. Then I started sniffing around this web sight and an addiction was born. I am now the proud owner of a Campdraft Deluxe Silverbelly bashed in western style. Loved it so much that when I was in Portland for mystery convention I went to John Helmer Haberdasher (great shop) and picked up a gray Stylemaster. So far good news. Now the not so good, I just received a Bluegrass Green Campdraft from EA and it came with the crown dented and slightly creased, not like it had been previously bashed, the dents aren't uniformed. The other thing I noticed was how much flimsier the felt was compared to my other two Akrubas. The Deluxe I understand, but the Stylemaster is not heritage felt (I don't think.) I sent an email to EA and wait to hear from them. Shipping cost make returning it unwise, besides I do love the color. Is it possible to remove dents with steam? How do you all feel the Deluxe CD felt compares to the standard CD?

Josh_S

New in Town
Thank you guys. I used a suit steaming and hat brush. Took some time but ultimately it smoothed out. Now cattleman bashed it looks great. The felt feels to me a bit less sturdy than either the Deluxe or Imperial, but it is a wonderful hat. The Akubra addiction continues.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stratcat, it seems like yesterday you got your first fedora and were unsure about the look. How many is it now? You really look much more confidant in them these days, and, if I may say, "like a million bucks."

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
A timely arrival from the land down under! I ordered a Silverbelly Campdraft before Christmas and when it had been made and was ready for shipping I had a Fawn Fed IV popped in the box too. ;)
I think both will be great summer colours to wear now the sun has started to shine over here in the UK (don't worry, it won't last).
Both are Heritage felt and I'm really pleased with them. I've gone for a rough C/diamond bash on the campdraft and a simple center dent on the fed. I tried a C type bash on the fed and while it was nice, I liked the idea of a bit more 'air' around my head in the crown.
Fed IV
View attachment 27980
View attachment 27981

Both are good, but that Fed IV is great on you. It works on multiple levels.

stratcat

One of the Regulars
Stratcat, it seems like yesterday you got your first fedora and were unsure about the look. How many is it now? You really look much more confidant in them these days, and, if I may say, "like a million bucks."

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I really do like my hats. I can't remember the last time I left the house without a lid on!
I really like the Akubras, I've got three Fed IVs (Brown, Fawn, Moonstone), two Campdrafts (a Moonstone sent in error but I kept it anyway and a Silverbelly), an Acorn Homburg and a cheap wool jaxon that gets used when cleaning the car or doing the gardening. I've got all my colours covered and at the moment I don't foresee that I'll be buying any more hats. Though, never say never:D

swd

New in Town
Harrison K.: I got my Lightning Ridge from David Morgan. It is now my favorite non-custom lid. I think you will find it is worth it, wherever you finally get it.

stratcat: Those both look GREAT! I'm in a rural area, so I don't really wear any of the classic fedora styles, but if I did it would be one just like that Fed IV!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner