Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Here's a thread to keep up with all the Akubra's. Sort of a documentation to keep up with all the styles and actual pics of these wonderful lids perched on our heads. I borrowed the title from a post by Carter...:D

Here's my Adventurer...purchased from Outback Outlet in Pa. It's a really soft and floppy fur felt, not to be confused with David Morgans current offering, also dubbed the "Adventurer".
colbyjack1aa.jpg

colbyjack-adventurer2.jpg

The next is a Bushman from DM. Good, solid brown hat. It's softened up nicely since it's purchase in Feb of '08.
030108_102400.jpg

Here's my Camp Draft in silverbelly. One incredible hat!
First shot in open crown...pre bash...
opencrown-top-4.jpg

The next shot is with a diamond bash added...
diamond1.jpg

One happy Akubra owner...
cd3-cj-copy.jpg

Now lets see the rest...ready...set....go!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are my Akubras to add to this thread. The first is my newest, a silverbelly Campdraft.

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

My second is a Federation Deluxe IV in heritage fawn.

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

I also had a moonstone Stylemaster which I sold to a lounge member. Perhaps he would like to post his Akubra here too. The moonstone color is really a great color IMHO, and I am watching Akubra prices for a chance to get a moonstone Fed Deluxe IV.

The Akubras are very nice hats.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Those are great Keygrip!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Bob...IC...Those are wonderful!
I need to get pics of my Snowy River for this thread also...

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KeyGrip said:
Is it just me, or does that Heritage Fawn have a slight touch of green to it?

I can't see any green in the hat. I can sort of see a little bit of green in the picture I posted, but it's the light I'm sure. The hat is what I'd call a mid brown, I guess.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I think the green is from something reflecting cos I see a little green everywhere. I like the color either way.

Colby you need to wear that bushman more often too.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
My 3 Akubras

My Federation 3 with a "Maltese Falcon" like bash:

DSCN0592.jpg

My porkpied Sydney:

DSCN0602.jpg

And my DM Adventurer with a "Foyle's War" bash:

DSCN0606.jpg

And I'm waiting for my silverbelly Campdraft just ordered from Hats Direct!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
I think the green is from something reflecting cos I see a little green everywhere. I like the color either way.

Colby you need to wear that bushman more often too.
I wore the Bushman yesterday...it's kind of a trade off lately between the Bushman and Camp Draft. Of course it was the Bushman since the beginning of the year...so the Camp Draft has been a great change. The thin ribbon just makes it easier to wear as a casual hat...

Rusty...Kao...great hats...one and all!
IC...Those are all great shots!..I forgot you had so many....but this should help people visualize all the different styles Akubra has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko