Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra porkpie

schanop

New in Town
Hi all,

I joined the forum about a month ago, but I haven't been posting much, and in particular about my new love with hats. About a month ago I purchased an Akubra Fedora in carbon grey size 59 from Ron, the Hattery. It turned out to be just be a very good fit; however, with some try out and advise from Ron, I feel more comfortable with size 60 now.

Ron made a comment that I have a squareish forehead and a short oval shape. Even though the Fedora fit well, but in size 59, I feel that it sits a little too high on my forehead with a few bash styles that I have tried. Out of no where, I decided to shape this little baby into a porkpie hat now that I already have a Grey Federation in size 60 to bash into a typical fedora shape.

Here are some pictures that I would like to share:

Ciao, Chanop

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Awesome....

Wow....that's one terrific lookin' Pork.

I love a great Pork pie, and you my friend have a beautie. If I knew I could get an Akubra to do that, I'd be all over it. :eusa_clap

Well done Chanop.

schanop

New in Town
Thank you gentlemen

Thank you gentlemen for all the encouragement. I had an inspiration for the shape from looking at some of AA/Esky illustration such as this:
gabaerdinecopy2wc.jpg

as well as those beautiful porkpie models that Art shows on his web site. Sammy D. is quite handsome in my mind:
Sammy%20D_TN_1.jpg

I'll have to check if I have any Fred Astaire picture with a porkpie with brim turned down. If there is any, it will be posted at a later time.

RBH: sure, I will take some photos of the grey Federation and post them later.

Chau, Chanop

deanglen

This makes me re-consider the porkpie bash. I think Schanop's got a great look there. If Popeye Doyle had only been willing to snap the front down.

dean

johnnycanuck

most people get the Akubra Squatter open crown but it can also come pre-bashed in a porkpie. Looks exactly like what you have there. Pretty sharp on you too.
John

Benny Holiday

johnnycanuck said:
most people get the Akubra Squatter open crown but it can also come pre-bashed in a porkpie. Looks exactly like what you have there. Pretty sharp on you too.
John

I bought my black Squatter 12 years ago because I saw it displayed with the pork pie crown. With the 3-inch brim, I knew it would make a great tando-style hat to go with my black zoot suit, which it certainly has.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
schanop, No doubt about it, you've got a real winner there! You listened to good advise, and you had the courage to give it a try. You, sir, may singlehandedly bring the porkpie back into style. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner