Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra short brim hats?

schanop

New in Town
Hello loungers,

This is my first post here. I live in Australia; hence I am thinking of getting some
Akubra shot brim hats. Is there anyone who has experience with Akubra Turin, Akubra Whippet, or Akubra Hampton? I searched the archive but didn't find any reference to these short brim models; may be they are popular around here.

Regards, C.

MattJH

One Too Many
I've looked at all three plenty and even saw a Hampton for auction not too long ago. If it were my size, I would've taken it. I haven't seen any posts about these hats at all here, so you're the pioneer!

You'll find, typically, that the vast majority of members here prefer wider brims over stingier brims. I find good use for both. My Brooks Brothers stingy brim is actually my favorite hat that I own.

schanop

New in Town
Hi there,

Thank you for the info. I am still trying to find more information, and get a real feel for the hat before making any decision. In two weeks, I will have a brief visit to Sydney; hopefully, I will have a chance to get to Strand hatters to check out these short brim models.

In mean time, I just received a charcoal Fedora and a charcoal Casual from Ron, the Hattery -- ordered Wednesday night, came by Friday, express service indeed.

Ciao, C

Marty M.

Vendor
Welcome Wagon is circling.

Hi Schanop, welcome to the Lounge. Post some pictures of your new hats when you can.
Marty Mathis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou