Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Sydney colors?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
that's my big knock against Akubra

They offer very little color selection. If they offered adequate choices, I'd probably never buy another brand. But they don't, so after buying 3 of them, now I buy other brands instead.

frussell

One Too Many
Wind trolley

They may be the same hat, but the HatsDirect seems to come with a wind trolley, and the David Morgan doesn't have one in the photos. Not a deal-breaker, but different. Frank

elvisroe

A-List Customer
Blackthorn said:
They offer very little color selection. If they offered adequate choices, I'd probably never buy another brand. But they don't, so after buying 3 of them, now I buy other brands instead.

I agree that a broader range of colours would be nice but I'm guessing that the bulk of Akubras are sold down here where we have a population of just over 20 million.

Small fry when compared to the US market of more than 300 million.
[huh]

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
elvisroe said:
I agree that a broader range of colours would be nice but I'm guessing that the bulk of Akubras are sold down here where we have a population of just over 20 million.

Small fry when compared to the US market of more than 300 million.
[huh]
Their share of the market would expand dramatically if they offered a decent variety of colors in each style.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
I have the Australia market Fedora version. There is a slight taper to the crown - but not as pronounced as most modern mass-market fedoras. Open crown is around 5.5 inches. If you don't like the David Morgan colors, you can look on the Australia sites at the Fedora - which is the same hat, but with a wind trolley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy