Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alex Mendham

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Anyone familiar with young Brit bandleader Alex Mendham? http://www.alexmendham.com/

I downloaded from ITunes his first CD, "Whistling in the Dark," and it is a perfect concoction of 1920s & 30s dance numbers. You can also find it at Amazon.com, CDBaby.com, etc...

This is from the record company:

Alex Mendham and His Orchestra play dance music of the 1920s and 1930s with unmatched authenticity and spirit. Based in London, Alex Mendham's Orchestra enjoys a busy working schedule in that city's West End, with engagements at such prestigious venues as the Savoy, the Floridita, and regular broadcasts on BBC Radio. The lush period arrangements played to perfection and recorded with astonishing depth and clarity vividly recall the elegance and excitement of the Art Deco era. The band's youthful enthusiasm ensures that the music remains as vibrant and fresh today as it ever was. Selections range from hot to sweet and include "Bugle Call Rag," "Red Lips, Kiss My Blues Away," "Lullaby of the Leaves," "'Tain't No Sin (To Dance Around in Your Bones)," "Home," "Bend Down, Sister," and more than a dozen more. 66 minutes and 20 selections in all, including a 20-page full-color illustrated booklet with detailed notes.

Here are the tracks:

1 Choo Choo
2 Let's Fly Away
3 Home
4 Red Lips, Kiss My Blues Away
5 Treat Me Like a Baby
6 'Tain't No Sin (to Dance Around in Your Bones)
7 Bend Down, Sister
8 Lullaby of the Leaves
9 Roll on, Mississippi, Roll on
10 Keep Your Undershirt on
11 South American Joe
12 Our Big Love Scene
13 Going Hollywood
14 Little Girl
15 I'll Never Have to Dream Again
16 I Heard
17 Weep No More My Baby
18 Love Thy Neighbor